Wednesday, May 24, 2017

WIPs With Friends

I hope you are all enjoying the spring wherever you are!  
After the bush pulling extravaganza I have to say that I am ready to get back out in the yard and complete that front garden space.  
But first I have some projects to share with you all.  

First up is the Llama project.  
A collaborative baby quilt.  
My job was to make the pom poms 
(although I think they look like paper lanterns, so will refer to them as such).  
We were going for colorful lanterns.  I started and realized I needed the fabric for the spacers.



Once I got the spacer fabric I assembled them and put on the string.
  I think they will be great additions to the Llama quilt!




Next up is a Sea Horse quilt.  
The pattern is called Watercolor Seahorses.
Pattern by Summer Crafter and you can find it here
Again a collaborative quilt.  
My sea horse was to be the pink one.  
We based our fabrics from the Coral Queen of the Sea line by Moda.  
This was my fabric pull.


Aren't these fussy cuts so adorable?


I worked all day on Sunday to get my sea horse and all the waves finished for the quilt. 
 We all used the same fabric for the three sea horse eyes.


I think she is adorable!  
The other two colors of sea horses are the aqua and a green.  
I have the teal one and am just waiting for the green one so I can assemble the quilt top.  




 For the waves I used the wave fabric from the Coral Queen of the Sea line too.  
A wee bit tricky to get all the waves going in the same direction, 
but only a few triangles had to be sacrificed!


There are two rows of waves.  


And that, my friends, catches you up on what I have been doing. 
 I am linking up with Sew Fresh Quilts.

Now...what are you working on?  Please link up and share with us all!

~XOP~



14 comments:

Heide said...

What a cute seahorse. Love the perfect fabrics.

Alison V. said...

I love that seahorse! :)

Jan @Cocoa Quilts said...

Pam these seahorses are adorable. Can hardly wait to see them together.

saroy said...

That seahorse is just the cutest!

Angie said...

All your projects are so pretty. Love the seahorse!

Kathy S. said...

Love your background color!

Pat said...

Such a cute pattern!

Kate said...

Your seahorse turned out beautifully! That's going to be a fun and unique quilt.

Anonymous said...

Looks great. Would be nice to give credit to Summercrafter, the designer of Sea Horse quilt.

Mama Spark said...

Anonymous: Since you commented this way I have no way to address you directly. I hope you will come back and read this. I have added not only her name but also a link to her shop. It was not my intent to slight her or her wonderful design! I was at work and didn't have the pattern at hand and didn't remember the designer. Thank you for reminding me to update this post with that information! Have a wonderful day.

KaHolly said...

You're very gracious. Love your fabric choices! Can't wait to see the two quilts completed!

sherowen said...

I absolutely LOVE the seahorse. It is so cute. I would like to attempt this pattern if you don't mind. I just need to know what size squares you used. I figure about 2-1/2" to 3" ? Is that near what the size is that you used? I'm going to try it. It's fun and beachy, which is my theme in my tiny home. Thanks

Anonymous said...

Can you post a pic of the completed top? Love to see your setting.

Anonymous said...

I bought the pattern from you online, and would love to use the same moda fabrics as you did, especially the pinks/corals. I’m having a difficult time finding them. Can you make any suggestions/recommendations? Thanks so much!

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~