Wednesday, August 16, 2017

WIPs With Friends

I have been so busy with the new camper that I have little to show.  
I did finish my stars and have sewn 33 sets of the setting squares but 
I forgot to take any photos of those.  
Last 4 stars of what I had to make.
Linking up with Sew Fresh Quilts


I thought I would show you my fisheries biologist daughter at work in the field.  
That right there is a 57 pound catfish!!!



I also have some pretty photos of some flowers in my garden to share.  
My coneflowers were gorgeous this year.


I planted a new foxglove and it is doing so well.  
My grandmother used to tell me the spots on the flowers were where 
the bees walked in with muddy feet!


I also had this little guy show up on my house too. 
Apparently you should not touch them as their "fur" can cause a rash.
Who knew?


I will be attending the AQS show in Grand Rapids tomorrow 
so hopefully I will have more to show next week.  T
hen we are off on another camping trip this weekend.  Trying to eek out the last bit of summer fun!

Please link up what YOU have been working on and if we can get 10 people to link up I will do another little giveaway!

~XOP~




6 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Wow! What a huge fish! What is she doing with it?

Jacqueline said...

Omg that is one big catfish. Your flowers are beautiful.

Shirley said...

I recently discovered your blog and tutorial for Cheddar Jack. Not sure which I discovered first but one lead to the other. Really enjoy your blog and your projects are so impressive. I made my first Cheddar Jack block today. It was rather intimidating when I looked at the cutting instructions and assembly. I labeled each section when cutting and followed your directions step by step (reading directions for each step instead of just looking at the photo). I now have one very cute cat block. I could not have done this without your very complete and easy to follow directions and photos. Thank you so much for sharing! Not sure how many blocks I will make and I want to reverse the direction the cat is facing in some blocks. Will be interesting to see if I can figure out that. Again, thank you so much for this tutorial. It is awesome.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

What cool pics. I am going to AQS Grand Rapids tomorrow too. Wow that fish is almost as big as her.

Mia said...

Beautiful photos of flowers, my friend! What a huge catfish!

KaHolly said...

I always wanted to scuba dive in a Texas lake well known for gigantic catfish. They are amazing. Thought it would be cool to come upon a fish as big as me that wasn't a shark.

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~