Wednesday, October 18, 2017

WIPs With Friends

Wednesday brings another installment of WIPs With Friends. 
 I took a Fiber Works class with my SIL on Monday night.  
If you don't know the patterns go here and check them out.  I
t is a pretty cool collage technique. 
 Patterns are by Laura Heine.  
I, of course, chose the cat.  My SIL chose the sea horse. 
 I wanted to make my cat look like an orange tabby (Jack) and she was going for the pattern look.

We just learned how to transfer the pattern on to pattern eze and then do the base fabrics to form the animal we were making.  
Once the base is in place you fuse it to the pattern eze and cut it out.  
Then you attach it to the background you chose for your piece.  
The magic happens when you fuse flowers and stuff on top of the colorful base.  
Here is my cat, Jack so far. 
 This is just the base.

I re-did the nose like 6 times!  I ended up using the tiger's nose from Tula Pink's Eden line.  
It was purrfect! 
 I also wanted the eyes to stand out more so I fused them on to a bit of black.  
I love how they turned out!


This is the seahorse base my SIL did.  
She and I did our own shop hop and acquired all of these fabrics to use for this project 
(mostly Kaffe).  
So far I think we are doing a great job with them.


Our next class is November 4, so there won't be much more to share with these until then. 

I linked up with Sew Fresh Quilts

What are you working on?  Use the Linky to add your current project.

~XOP~



6 comments:

Susie said...

I love the fabrics and the cat is stunning, can't wait to see it finished. Hugs, Susie x

Lesley Gilbert said...

Both the animals look fabulous with the Kaffe fabrics - I think the sea horse lends itself to being more 'over the top' using different colours and I love how the neck and tail has got curved fabric for emphasis. Well done to you both and looking forward to seeing the end results :)

Angela said...

Absolutely fabulous!

KaHolly said...

They are both awesome!

Ann said...

You had a great time with your SIL and both quilts are charming. Your cat looks so lively with the extra black around the eyes.

mtquilter said...

Those collage quilts are fun, aren't they. I have the truck started. Truck is done I just need to decide on the background and foreground etc. Love both the cat and the seahorses!

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~