Friday, February 05, 2010

Happy News!!

I've decided to focus on the things that make me happy. Why? Well I found out this week that someone I know from work, who is not much older than me, had a bad stroke. It made me think about my own life and the good and not so good things going on there. Life is too short! I don't mean this in a selfish way either. I want to be a happy person and I really am the happiest when I am helping others, and when I am creating and learning new things and trying new things, spending time with my DH and my children. So I am vowing to do more of that and less of the things that seem to stress me out. I am walking down a bold new path. There are still some things I want to be able to do in my own life and I am going to focus on those things.

Now for some fun news. We all like give aways, right? Well I won one over at Red Fish Circle! This is the blog of Amy Schimler, a wonderful fabric designer and artist. She has done the On a Whim series, Forest Friends. I had to tell her which of her On a Whim 2 prints I liked the best and why, so I told her the owls on white. You know I have a thing for owls, right? I will be receiving a yard of that fabric from her!! Isn't that exciting??

You should stop by her blog she is an amazing designer and seems like a really nice person too.

I have some photos to share later. I have the day off to take DD1 to an appointment for a minor medical procedure. I went to the gym this am so that is done, WHEW!! The pictures are from the dragon lone star I told you about, so will share either today or tomorrow.

One moire thing, I am getting close to having 500 posts, can your believe that? I can't! I will plan some sort of give away for that momentous event so stay tuned!! It will be my way of celebrating the wonderful friendships I have made, the encouragement you have all given to me and the support. It is difficult to believe that there are folks out there that actually read what I have to say *and* comment. It still amazes me. So a BIG thank you to all of you and I will think about what to give away. Have a great day and celebrate your life!!

2 comments:

allsewnup said...

I'm sorry to read about your friend. Yes, at times it takes something HUGE to make us rethink things. Yay for you and the new focus on all things happy, even though we all have tough days (and yeah they can come all jammed together for way too long), I feel that there is always someone else out there that has it harder.
Be kind to yourself,

Carolyn

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Congratulations on your super win from Amy at Red Fish Circle. I love her fabric! Can't wait to see how you use the owls.

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~