Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Bitchesgetsittches Swap Haul

I have some quilty friends at work that are always asking me why I kill myself when I do swaps. Truth be told they don't actually even understand why I participate.  
This swap.  This one, is why.  
I got the BEST gifts back this time.  
Not that my other swaps weren't great, 
but sometimes someone just gets you and goes above and beyond.

This was a secret swap.  
The person that had me had to stalk my social media to learn about me and what I like and don't like.  I try to make things easy and post LOTS of things that I love.  
My package arrived last week and looked like this.


I was super excited!!  
So I carefully took out the contents and just about crapped my pants 
when I saw all the amazing things in this package.  
Holy cow you guys!!!  
Just look at all this loot!!  That little pin cushion is so sweet!!  Just like all the candy!


By FAR the best things in this package were these hoops.  
This first one was based on a photo I took of my daughter's cat in her peacock costume. 
 Remember this?
Last Halloween?


Instead of Lenore, she substituted my cat Atutmn.  Isn't this fabulous!!!???
Just look at the cat's face.  So much teeny tiny detail.
Also notice the detail in the peacock feather eyes.


Next fav was this angry bird yelling at me to tell me, "Don't tell me what to do!!"  
This is something I say with my girls all the time. 
 I actually love the woman that designed the bird too.  Bad Bird Embroidery.  
Her work is great and it is amazing that Lisa chose to use someone whose patterns I love
 to do this appliqued hoop!  
Plus you should see her embroidery work.  
I have NEVER seen such exquisite embroidery work in my life.  
That applique is amazing too.  


This was how Lisa did the backs of the hoops and I love the little year mishap.


The bags were super cute too and 
I thought his little hiccup was well covered with the little heart note.


I have already hung the hoops on the wall in my sewing room. 
 They are in a place of honor right under the mini quilt made for me by 
Amanda Jean Nyberg (Crazy Mom Quilts).


I feel like I was incredibly spoiled by Lisa in this swap.
I hope my partner felt the same (she seemed pretty psyched by her package)

On to the Tula Pink Mini Quilt Swap.
I can't wait to get started on that.
I finished the last block for the wedding quilt and now I need to work on a muslin of a dress.
A mother's work is never done.
Even when said daughter lives in NC!

Hope you are having a great week!

~XOP~


2 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

I love your haul too! Everything is so cute.

Michele said...

Wow. That is one great pile of goodies that you received.

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~