Wednesday, December 06, 2017

WIPs With Friends

It seems like Christmas arrives earlier and earlier every year. 
 I know when it is coming and still I am not ready.  
How about you?  
Do you have your tree up? 
Presents bought? Wrapped? 
Cookies baked?
 Gifts made?  
Ah, that last one always gets me. 
 I have decided to make gifts for my family.
  I'm doing pretty well, but I can't show them as they read my blog.  
I still have some to make though. 

 I also have a couple of baby quilts to get made.  
Then someone told me of three more expectant moms. 
 I'm not sure I will be making them all quilts though. 
 I have come to the conclusion that if the recipient can't find the time to send me a thank you note when I make a quilt, they probably won't be getting another quilt.  
I'm just putting that out there for all my family and friends to see. 
Quilts take time and cost way more than people realize to make. 
 Fabric is expensive, then there is batting, thread and I usually pay to have them quilted.
  This is not inclusive of my time either.  
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE making quilts but
 if you can't take the time to send a thank you note then I am done making things for you.  

Now, since I can't share what I am making in my sewing room,
I will show you something my kids are getting but know they are getting.  
They wanted me to make them a cookbook with all their favorite recipes of mine. 
 I have been struggling to figure out how to do that in such a way that they could add to in the future.  I found a website, Zazzle, that does custom binders!  
I found images that suit each of their personalities. 
 I used stock designs for 2 of them and uploaded photos for the last one.





I am printing out all their favorite recipes and putting them in plastic sleeves then in the binders.  They are ridiculously excited about this, LOL.  

So, while I can't show you what I am working on just now, you can see that I am still being creative.
I did manage to get a quilt bound
A baby quilt top made and a second baby quilt started.  
Only need to finish that and start the third one.
So. Many. Babies!

What are you working on?
Anything you can share and inspire us with?

Link up!

~XOP~






3 comments:

Bettina Groh said...

I really agree with your "no thanks... no more gifts" approach. But we have to blame the older generation, of which I am part, for not forcing our children to write "Thank yous".
I am going to spend part of 2018 getting recipes together and making books for next Christmas... thanks for the nudge!!

dianne said...

hear! hear!

and i'm not taking blame ... i taught my kids the same way that i was taught - it isn't yours till you've written a thank you - if someone can spend forty or more hours making something for you, the least you can do is spend 4 minutes and 49 cents to say "thank you"...

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Not a decoration up yet. Thank you's seem to be a thing of the past or even an acknowledgement that the item was received.

Merry Christmas and Thank you for your Blog!! :)

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~