Friday, September 25, 2020

A Quick Sewing Update

 We are busy, Busy, BUSY getting ready to leave to go see the new grandbaby when he arrives.  I have been itching to sew but with all that has been going on with Cole too I have not had much time.  He is doing much better, we are only at day 4/84 of the injection journey but I am hopeful!  This was him sleeping next to me after his shot today.

If you are interested in donating to our Go Fund Me we would really appreciate it.  As he gains weight, his dose increases and so does the cost.  You can find the page here.  Any amount, no matter how small will be so very appreciated!  If you are not able to donate, please say a prayer for us and share the link.


I sewed some new masks for myself out of some cat fabric I had.
I used the Creative Grid template and found the small worked best for me.


I had made a couple of little "left over" quilts from the bear minky I had.
I finally quilted it by stitching in the ditch.
I was so happy to have it finished but it needed binding.
When my middle daughter was small, she had a blanket with a silky edge.
She couldn't say "silky" she used to call her blanket her "See-see".
So I decided to bind this in satin too.
This will be baby Robert's "See-See"



So now we are packing everything up for the trip to NC.
It has been a LONG day today. 
 I'm thinking tomorrow will be a longer day.  
We are driving part way tomorrow and then on to the campground we reserved in Franklin, NC.  
I was supposed to be at a quilting retreat but I had to back out to stay safe for the baby.

We decided to camp there anyway.

OK, that's probably it for awhile.

~XOP~







5 comments:

Bettina Groh said...

Have a great trip!! I'm glad Cole is doing well!! Looking forward to baby pix!!

Angie said...

Hope you have a good trip. Praying for Cole to be completely healed & restored.🙏 Have a good day! 🍁🌻

Lesley Gilbert said...

I did donate the other day. Good to know Cole is a bit better. Any news of results for the cat voting?

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Prayers for you as you travel, for Cole and for baby Robert's safe arrival! That 'see-see' is so sweet!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

What great mask and a sweet kitty to boot.

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~