Tuesday, January 05, 2021

First Top Of The New Year

 I have several baby quilts to make heading into the new year. 
 I think I am doing them in reverse order, LOL. 
 I have the one for the last baby complete, the middle one is this one and the first one is all cut out!
I spent the weekend at my friend, Mrs Goodneedle's house. 
 Her sewing room is a DREAM!  
It has a design wall (that I needed a step stool to reach the top of), a HUGE cutting table
 (made by her amazing hubby from trees that fell on their property, how amazing is that???)  
It was PERFECT for cutting out a long border I needed to cut. 
 That design wall was perfect for laying out the Starburst quilt!  
Wanna see? 
Here is the design wall, and you can see the sewing table.  
There are places for 2 people to sew too!


OMGosh you guys , this is the cutting table.  Is it not amazing?!


Here you can see the sewing table, cutting table and the wall of her books, her computer space etc.  


This is where you can sit and relax.


You can see her long arm from here too.  She is a rep for theAPQS long arm she owns too. 
So if you want a long arm, let me know and I can hook you up! 
 I really wish I had had more time there (or just could move in, LOL) and try her long arm.  
Maybe next visit?


All in all, I had the BEST time with her and her hubby. 
 The house was amazing (they built that too), 
the sewing room made me want to move in, and they were the MOST gracious hosts!
  I can't wait to move to NC and be able to spend more time with her and her friends!!!
Oh now I bet you want to see what I was working on, right? 

 I had some left overs from my last Neverland quilt and decided that I wanted to try to use them up and NOT have to cut into my FQB. 
 I was successful!!!  
I finished the top, seamed the back, made the binding and cut out the next baby quilt!


See?  Top, Back and binding!


I did have the stars made before I got to her house.  I LOVE this line.



as well as yardage that I don't need if anyone is interested! 
 I don't want to hassle with the shipping while I am here.  If you are interested please LMK.

I got to babysit for Avery today (my favorite). 
 He is just the CUTEST baby.  (I may be biased). \
 He LOVES to read with Gigi.
  My daughter took this photo of us together yesterday.


Happy New Year friends. 
 I feel so blessed by this year already! 
 I'm hoping that 2021 is a better year for everyone. 

It's funny but an old high school friend said,
 "I wonder what year (roughly) that grandmothers stopped looking like this and started looking like you. Just curious. So much fun! Jealous!" HAHA. 
 It was an OLD lady (like 90, I think), but it made my day!

~XOP~





4 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

SEW glad that you could come and stitch; what a great weekend!

Bettina Groh said...

cute cute cute ! And the sewing room is to due for ...

Judy in Michigan said...

Oh yes, I am jealous. Not only Mrs. Goodneedle but Avery and the cute quilt. I think I understood that you plan to move to NC??? Keep on enjoying!!

Ioleen said...

Wow, that’s a sewing room I dream about, but I would need a bigger house. Avery is a cutie for sure. Enjoy every minute you have with him.

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~