Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Quilt Retreat Weekend!!

 On Thursday, I picked up my friend, Traci, from the airport and we headed north to a quilt retreat.  
Our friend, Cori met us at my house and we followed her to Chesaning and had dinner together.  
Then we headed to the retreat house and my SIL, Mary met us there.  
The four of us had not been together for 2 years! 
 It was so great to hang out. 
 We ate, laughed, sewed, watched movies, shopped and had some adult beverages. 
 We stayed up WAY too late! 
 It was so much fun!!  


I saw some amazing double coneflowers. 
 I wish I could have collected up some seeds.  
These were beautiful!



I spent most of the weekend working on my Prissy Pumpkins quilt. 
 I can't show the top just yet but it is adorable and you are SO  need the pattern. 
 It took me Thursday, Friday and Saturday to get it finished. 
 The quilt top is 80" square so it is a big quilt!  

On Sunday I decided that I wanted to try to put my Dorothy's Journey quilt top together. 
 I used the Nightingale pattern and the fabric is called Dorothy's Journey. 
 It is by Jill Howarth for Riley Blake. 
The background color us an Andover fabric. 
 I just managed to get it done before it was time to pack up to head home. 
 I had all the blocks made I just needed to assemble it. 
 I'm really happy that I have these 2 tops finished. 
This one is for a yet to be born baby.
I have a plan to use the panel for the back, so will have to piece it.
I had one left over block so will make a pillow with the leftover block.
 One more pattern test to go but I need a break from sewing right now.


Of course I brought Jack along.  He was exhausted and ready to head home too!


We are heading out to camp for a few days.
I am leaving my machine home and bringing some hand work and some books!

I did get my stitches out today and the scars look pretty good!

~XOP~



2 comments:

Saska said...

good to see you retreating again! I go to one in a few weeks too. Glad your battle wounds aren't too rough.

Linda said...

Looks like so much fun! Pretty fabrics on the Nightingale pattern. Awww I love your little "Jack".

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~