Friday, June 03, 2022

I Rang The Bell

 Yesterday was my last radiation treatment.  
A total of 15 treatments finished! 
 I believe I am now considered NED (no evidence of disease) 
 I brought cookies for my amazing radiation team. 
 They took great care of me and made my treatments easier. 
 I got a certificate and everything, LOL.


They invited me to come back and visit them, haha.  
Such sweet people.
They came out into the hall with me and cheered for me when I got to ring the bell too.



Chris took this video of me ringing the bell while my team cheered me on!


As you walk into the building for treatment there is a rock garden.
 People paint rocks with encouraging words, and sayings, memorials to loved ones, and things like you beat this, or we love you mom etc. 
As we were walking into the building on this day some of the workers were outside at a table painting rocks and invited us to join them on our way out.
I was so excited to have a rock there!
Imagine my surprise when I walked out and saw this in the garden.


Chris took a rock home and painted it for me!
I burst into tears and cried into his shoulder.
He teared up as we stood there, overwhelmed in the moment with how fortunate we were.
Fortunate that the BC was managable. 
Fortunate that the big treatments were over.
Fortunate that God loved me enough to save me.


Next week I will have a bone scan before I begin on an aromatase inhibitor.
I have 2 weeks before I begin that.
I'm not going to lie, that makes me really nervous.
It starves the body of Estrogen (which my cancer needs to grow).
No Estrogen?  No cancer growth.
I pray that God will continue to hold me in his arms and get us through this as well.
So far He has been SO good to me.

In the mean time.

I SEW BEAT THIS!


~XOP~




9 comments:

Bettina Groh said...

I rang my son's bell for you too!! And yelled hooray!! I am "sew" glad!!

Jan @Cocoa Quilts said...

Pam I am so glad for you. This part is done onto the next part! Your rock is perfect!! Beautiful rock!!

Mary-Kay said...

Cool rock! Your video of ringing the bell gave me goose bumps. Congratulations! Now remember to avoid foods that have estrogen in them like certain chocolates, soy beans and a lot of the vegetarian foods that are soy based.. Good luck with the next phase. You can beat this!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Yay!😀😀😀

Charlotte M. said...

Love your rock! You sew got this! I take an estrogen blocker and have for 6 1/2 years now. They want me to take it for 10 years. I have no side effects and it's easy, one little tiny pill a day. You can do this too. The hard part is over. Welcome to the other side. :)

Judy in Michigan said...

Yea!!!!! You beat BC!

Ioleen said...

I teared up reading this! So so happy for you.

Sharlyn said...

Congratulations!!! Awesome rock and husband❤️

Angie said...

You are so strong & God loves you so much! 🌠😇🙏 Your video is heart touching. Your rock is beautiful! 🌻

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~