Saturday, February 19, 2011

Friday Night Sew In

It was Friday Night Sew In yesterday and I took the day off work to spend it in PTM's basement sewing. I got up and we met at the gym for Zumba. Then I went home and showered, got my stuff together and drove over to her house. PTM's niece and DDIL were joining us from Canada for the day (actually they are staying there until tomorrow). I can't show you what I worked on for awhile and finished but that super secret project? All done! Once I am given the OK I will show it to you but I don't think it will be for quite some time, sorry about that. I finished that project and then it was dinner time. Look what we got to eat!!
FNSI Dinner
It was so YUMMY! We had loads of amazing food. Then back to the basement. I was able to cut out some of the purple squares I need for the little quilt I am planning on making from the pruple fabrics you all sent to me. See?
Purple Squares cut

I wanted to take a minute and thank all of those that have sent me some purple fabrics. I have received 4 envelopes so far. Crispy, Toni, Joan and S.V. I really want to thank you guys. I am so close to having what I need, but I know some additional fabrics are on the way. I am so excited about that!! Here are the fabrics I have received so far.
Purple Scraps 01Purple Scraps 02
Purple Scraps 03Purple Scraps 04
I am hoping to work on this tomorrow and have something to show you all.

The other thing I managed to get done, after I returned home, was the second Birdie Stitches block. I like how this came out. I thought I was so clever to make one of the hearts red but then I see someone had already done the same thing. Great minds, I guess huh?
LMS Block 2 Close UpLittle Miss Shabby Block 2
I had Body Pump and then Zumba this morning. I cam home, showered, ate and DH and I went to a camper and RV show. It was fun. We are thinking of buying something later but we figure we need to be able to decide what we like first so we went and looked. There are some really nice fifth wheels out there and that's what DH was looking at. We are not ready at the moment but it was fun to look!
When I got home, I found another envelope of purples (shown above) so I cut a few. Then it was time to make dinner and now I am watching Queen of the Damned with DH (Jack is laying by my side as I type this!) I hope you are having a wonderful weekend too. I hope to have more to share tomorrow!!

10 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

What fun to sew and play with others. And that dinner table looks fabulous!. Look at those yummy purples - I can't wait to see all these melded into a quilt.

Brenda said...

Your birdie stitched blocks are so cute. I am tempted but I think I will just stick to the group I am working on. I just want to join everything this year and if I do how will I work on the Finish in my life. I am not a purple person and the little I had I think I just put in a bag for my daughter. So sorry I cannot not help you with that. Sounds like you had a wonderful Friday night and a good Saturday also.

dianne said...

i LOVE purple ... your little birdies are doggone cute, doggone it ... and the picture of FOOD made me realize that i haven't eaten since this morning - no wonder i'm feeling kinda HUNGRY!

Shannon said...

Oh your birdie block is so great. I love the colors!

Crispy said...

I was more than happy to share (reduced my scraps a tiny bit LOL). Your birdies are adorable! I hope you don't get hit with this stupid snow storm, but usually you do 1-2 days after we do, bummer.

Crispy

Janet said...

Clever on the red heart (no matter who did it first). I wish I had thought of that ... I may have to unsew one of them.

Deborah in Atlanta said...

I evidently didn't see your post about needing purple fabric. If you can send me an e-mail and tell me what exactly you need, I'll be glad to send some to you. Just need to know the specifics - size, solids/florals/batiks/etc, and that will be it. dmj53(at)hotmail(dot)com

EFT Therapy said...

The food sure looks amazing!

Anxiety Cause said...

Love the purple fabric! I bet it was a great dinner too.

SHORTY'S QUILTS said...

It's Sunday evening and I just sat down from Snowblowing for the last time tonight. I have to go to work tomorrow not like some people that get it off. I just wanted to say I enjoyed reading your blog today.

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~