Monday, February 07, 2011

It's a Blog Makeover!!!!

I'm sure you have all noticed by now my fabulous new blog!! I LOVE it!!! Did you see the little kitty peeking over on the header?? Well did you??? This was all the doing of the amazing Madame Samm.

It went down a little something like this. I got an email from Samm asking for my phone number. Oh no I thought, I had just put my post for Stash Manicure into the que and I thought maybe I did something wrong. YIKES!! Then I received "the call" from Samm. I have always loved all the blog make overs she had done for others but number one, I would not dare to presume to ask for one and two, how on Earth would she take note of little old me? She has stated on numerous occasions that she has visions for people's blogs and then asks them if they would like a make over. She does it all, new header, background, button and siggy. (I'm probably leaving something out not being a techy and all). Well, she was calling to say she wanted to re-do my blog and my friend PTM's blog too. Now don't get me wrong but I think I was more excited for PTM than for myself!!!

I had convinced PTM to begin blogging in the first place. I was so excited that she was blogging and I know her DH set her all up. PTM just adores Madame Samm (me too) so I knew she would be so excited when Samm told her. BUT...I was not allowed to tell her!! Do you know how difficult it was to keep something like this from my BFF?? It was sheer agony I tell ya!! But oh so worth every second of it.

I can't stop looking at it. When Samm called me yesterday she asked me what color I was, green? I said I could be, and she asked me to tell her my color and I told her aqua or turquoise. She laughed and said that explained why she couldn't decide between blue or green for me. I think the color is absolutely perfect don't you?? Then she called me to preview it. What no cats?? She laughed again and just look at that little darling peeking over the top at you? Is she not just the cutest thing you ever saw???

I have no idea how I can thank you Madame Samm for all the time and effort you put in on a blog for someone you don't even know. You have made my month. Also I am so thankful for what you did for Pauline too. You have encouraged someone by being so generous with your time and talents! It is true, you never know how much you may effect someone's life by a little kindness. So from the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU!! You have 2 devoted friends here in Michigan!!

30 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

She has another devoted friend in Michigan! Me. I love her work. I really like your new look. She did a fantastic job.

Marie said...

Mme Samm is a wonderful,generous person. Your new look is fantastic. I'm off to see the new looks for PTM.

Hugs - Marie

Mommarock said...

It is bee-u-T-ful I don't know HOW she does it. She is a true visionary! It IS the cutest little kitten peeking over there. LOVE the new look :)

Wendy said...

Oh what fun!! The kitty is adorable and the aqua is magnificient!! Madam Samm's generous aim is true again :)

~Laurie~ said...

Wow-wee! It looks fantastic!!!! WOW!

MollyP said...

So fresh! Love it!

Lynne (Lily's Quilts) said...

Your blog looks so cool - and I love Madame Samm - and I'm glad something good happened to you as well as the other c***. L X

Jen said...

Super cute! I love the background!

RobynLouise said...

I think your blog makeover suits you :).

Brenda said...

I love this! What a lucky lady you are. I keep thinking about attempting to come up with something fun for my blog. But I am afraid I will botch it up so I just leave it plain jane. Must be great fun to open your blog up to this!

Michelle said...

I like it!!!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Congrats on the blog make over! It looks fantastic. Lucky you!!!!!

Ariane said...

What a great makeover!! I love your new banner and background! Looks wonderful!!!

Calicojoan said...

Very lucky girl you are Samm does such a fantastic job, and yours is no exception! Congrats!

Allie said...

It's gorgeous - love it!

Lee Ann L. said...

Very Nice! I took a peek and I like PTM's blog too.

Impera Magna said...

Love the new look... very very cool!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Lookin' GOOD! Very, very good!! Oh, and the 1st thing that I noticed was that cute kitty peeking out.

Crazyquiltgirl said...

Wow, I love your blog's new look. Madame Samm is so generous. I think the kitten peeking out is so cute.

Denise :) said...

Hey, this looks GREAT! Congrats on the new look!! :)

Claudine said...

Came over from Paulines, yours is totally different. Very nice indeed. How does she do this? Each one is so bright and calming. That is what it is. Your cat peaking is so darn cute. You lucky gals. She really must like you. x

Unknown said...

Mama Sparks isn't Samm just a wonderful warm hearted person who jus seems to be able to talk with you a little and look at your blog and get a feel for who you are. Your blog looks wonderful, congratulations. She is such a delightful person. Enjoy

Karen said...

They both look wonderful!!!!

Crispy said...

It looks beautiful Pam! I love your new button too :0)

Crispy

Saska said...

I noticed it yesterday...and love your button.

Gmama Jane said...

Your Blog is Awesome!! Madame Samm is going to makeover the entire Quilting world with her creative kindness!! I have loved my makeover and I am such a small blogger, I could not believe she helped ME!! I love your blog even before the makeover. I'm excited for you and your BFF!! As for your DD2 who broke up with her BF of 5 yrs,. been there and done that. All you can do is be there when and if she wants to talk. It only means someone better is around the corner. God's timing is always perfect.
Blessings
Gmama Jane

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh it looks amazing!! I just love it, the color, the kitty your siggy, Madame Samm has the biggest heart and she shares it. I love your new look!

Vickie said...

What a great makeover! I love the colors! That kitten peeking over the ribbon is adorable!
This is sew you!!!

Gail said...

I hopped over here from Quiltn Queens and I have to say that both of your blogs look great but I'm particularly in love with this gorgeous blue color scheme. It's just sew pretty!

Love it.
Gail

Passions and Pursuits said...

Thanks for sharing your designs with us! I love your little birdies. And I love what Madam Samm has done with your blog design. She is one creative woman!

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~