Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Imagine My Excitement

I was getting ready to go to bed last night and decided to check my phone one last time.  OMgosh!!  There was an email from Heather Ross.  YES *the* Heather Ross.

Day 3 in NYC 019
I was so excited.  I put the quilt top together for Project Special Delivery and had it quilted by LTW then sent it off to her just recently.  There was a whole Flickr group devoted to making this beautiful quilt for her first baby.  Anyway, she sent me such a nice note to thank me personally for all my effort in making this quilt for her.  This was the last line in the note,

"It's the most special thing I have in the whole world, and I love it." 

Well, we love you and your work and it was a nice way for all of us to let you know how special you are to all of us!

I just wanted to share with all of you what a wonderful person Heather is.  She has personal thank you's going out (snail mail) to everyone in the group that contributed to the quilt too.  I am thrilled that I got to be a part of making this special gift for her and her new little one!  ~XOP~


7 comments:

Jan Maree said...

I think it speaks volumes for the kind of person she is that she is making the effort to contact all the contributors with a thankyou note and took the time to call you. How lovely!

Mommarock said...

It is so nice when sweet people get what is deserved! You deserved the sweetness :)

Sara said...

Awesome!! Hope you gave her a big squeeze! She sounds very down to earth:)

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

What a lovely response; and such a terrific thing to do on your part! YAY!

Poppyprint said...

Totally cool.

Denise :) said...

What a fun *happy*! :)

Brenda said...

How wonderful. Glad you had a happy day!

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~