Saturday, July 23, 2011

Just to Catch You UP.

This week has been so rushed.  I left for Grand Rapids on Monday night after Zumba.So here goes, the Reader's Digest condensed version, ready??  My dad and sister were so happy to see me when I finally made it to their house.  My dad's new addiction is the chocolate banana shake at McDonald's so he asked me to pick one up for him on the way to their house.  Surgery was rescheduled for 2:30pm on Tuesday.  The pacemaker insertion went very well.  It was a LONG day, though.  After he was done and to his room I took my sister home.  We were exhausted.  On Wed, after he came home, he slept a long time so I decided to take my sister to the grocery store.  Three hours later we came home with the groceries!  I made manicotti for dinner and fell into bed.  Thursday was better, he was feeling a LOT better!  I decided to do some cleaning in the family room.  So I prodded my sister and made her work in that room with me.  She has a job at the White Caps baseball stadium so she left for that and I kept going.  I made dinner, did the dishes and put in laundry then continued to clean.  I ended up going through old bank statements and old photos from my grandpa's house among other things.  I kept working until I had to go and pick up my sister around 10:30pm.  I was so tired I just ended up in bed.  Friday I got up, did more laundry, mopped the kitchen floor, cut up fruit and made some more food all before I left to go home at 9am.

He was driving me crazy, so I know he was feeling much better.  Is anyone else like that?  You love your folks but 5 days is a few too many?  He is kind of a cranky old man, lots to complain about sometimes.  He hurt my feelings about my dinner on Thursday, even though I don't think he really meant to.  Why does that happen as people age?  They get kinda mean.  I hope I don't act like that as I get older.

I did manage to get some more stitched on my Birdie Stitches, although not all, so will show you that when I get all the stitching done.  That's the only "fun" stuff I did while away.

I got home of Friday and ended up going over to my friend Cori's house to mail some stuff and give her her birthday gift! Then I came home and did some cleaning at my own house.  There were a couple of swap packages waiting for me.  I am so excited to share them with you!

Farmdale SwapHR Swap
Aren't they fabulous?? I don't have any of the Rabbits and Race cars fabric so was thrilled to receive that!

My friend Very Mary also sent along a little gift, for my birthday. She is so sweet, always remembers my birthday! It is a little piece of history (a bit of a quilt) made into a necklace. Isn't it just adorable??
From Very Mary

She is the BEST!! Thanks Mary Ann.

I hope to get to work on a few things tomorrow while my men are at the air show, so will keep you posted on how that goes. Thanks for staying with me and being patient as I prattle on about things not quilt related, although very life relevant!

I went to the gym today for 2 hours, I got there and Body Pump was cancelled so I went to the Salvation Army and did some shopping.  I will share that with you tomorrow.  Zumba, then my Zumba instructor asked me if I wanted to stay for Body Pump as she had the DVD, so the 2 of us did that together and that was fun!

I think I am caught up on cleaning here so should get to sew tomorrow.  Thank you for all your love and support!  You have no idea how much I appreciate it!  Sometimes it is difficult to be the one with the broadest shoulders and the responsibility to take care of everyone else.  Have a great weekend and I will be back to talk with you later!!  ~XOP~



9 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Don't forget to take care of YOU too!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Yes, like Mary said - remember YOU!! As a caretaker of an elder, I can relate to the abuse you have to put up with.

Sara said...

Vent away my friend,we love ya!! Glad your swap packages cheered you up some too:)

ytsmom said...

It seems that as we get older, we cannot censor ourselves. But, then again, neither can my SIL! Try not to take it to heart :)

Allie said...

My mom is getting like that too Pam, she can really be mean, lol. My aunt told me that folks can get like that with heart trouble though - the brain doesn't get enough oxygen and they get cranky. Mum has a pacemaker too.

Impera Magna said...

Heavens... I'm tired just reading everything you did! Hope you get some rest... I know sewing will help you relax!

Crispy said...

I'm happy to hear that all went well with your Dad's procedure. Taking care of parents can be pretty unforgiving at times.

Great squishies you got in the mail!!

Crispy

StitchinByTheLake said...

It's good to hear that your Dad is doing well. As I get older I find that it's easy to get grumpy if I let myself. The aches and pains come more often. But I try to focus on the little joys that I see and then I forget about the grumpy stuff...stitching helps me do that. It sounds like your Dad doesn't have anything to help him forget about himself. Hobbies are so helpful! blessings, marlene

West Michigan Quilter said...

Glad your dad's surgery went well. I'm sorry we didn't get together. Maybe next time?

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~