Thursday, July 28, 2011

Summer Fair

I just discovered the Summer Fair over at Generation X Quilters.  Now I am probably too old to be part of the gen x quilt gang but I'm going to play along.  You can find out all about it here:
Gen X Quilters Summer Fair
Here is the gist of it though. Remember the county fair? Well this is like the county fair but from the comfort of your own home! More details are on their site.
I have to choose a quilt to enter into the contest too so I am choosing this little doll quilt.

Mermaid quilt


I ordered the patterns from someone on Ebay and have no idea who the artist is and can't find the info anymore so I can't even share that with you. I was inspired by a quilt I saw on Flickr here. I fell in love with that quilt and made mine in a similar way. I put it up for silent auction at a local quilt show and no one bid on it, which made me really sad. The good news was that I was able to buy it back very cheaply! So now it lives at my house.

I hope you enjoyed visiting my mermaid! Stop back again and look around when you have time. I love new visitors! ~XOP~


5 comments:

Lee Ann L. said...

I looked it up not too long ago. According to Wikipedia, I am both a Gen X and a Baby Boomer. Now, how can that be??? I was born at the very tail end of what is considered to be the first baby boom. And yet, I was also born in the same years when the Gen X began. Interesting. It's like we (or they) can't decide who we want to be. Ha!

grendelskin said...

I haven't looked at the County Fair yet but your mermaid is just adorable. I was reading elsewhere today that silent auctions are notorious for low bids and no-bids, so please don't take it as a reflection on your work or her beauty!
I'm tail-end of the Boomers too; officially my little sister is Gen X. Sounds kinda arbitrary to me!

Allie said...

I LOVE your mermaid quilt - I can't believe nobody bid on it! But bonus, you to to keep it!

Crispy said...

Hey thanks for the heads up on this. I just might join in :0)

Crispy

AnneMarie said...

What an adorable mermaid. Glad you got to keep her. Thanks for sharing with us at Summer Fair! AnneMarie

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~