Saturday, February 25, 2012

Mom's ROCK!

My mom has passed so I have to enjoy and celebrate my friend's moms.
 I was out when I saw an amazing pattern that had embroidered frogs on it made into a quilt.
 My BFF, the one that got kicked in the head by her horse, her mom collects all things frogs.
 Of course I thought she *needed* this quilt.
 I know that I don't have time to do all the embroidery and put the quilt together.
 What to do, what to do?

Froggy Embroidery Quilt

See what I mean?
 I was talking to another friend, my LAQ Liz,
 and asked her if her mom might like to stitch these for me if I gave her the fabric and the floss?
So she asked her mom and voila!

For the frog quilt

For the frog quilt

For the frog quilt

I think this one is my favorite
Thanks Jane!!

For the frog quilt

I'm hoping to get these pressed and trimmed up this weekend.
 If I'm lucky I may get the blocks cut out too.
 I really need to get on my dad's quilt first though so it may not happen this weekend.

As much as I am happy to be back at work, it does take up all my time,
 LOL.
 At least I have another month away from the gym.
 I didn't realize how much of my time was taken up with going to the gym too.

 Last night DH asked me where I was going.
 I looked at him, puzzled, b/c he knows I am not going anywhere.
 I answered, "I'm not going anywhere". 
He just smiled. 
OK...I get it.

~XOP~


13 comments:

Charlene S said...

I love the frogs. This will indeed be a very special quilt made by very special moms for a very special mom.

Teresa in Music City said...

What a cute quilt! Every block is just adorable, and I love the way the blocks are set. And you were very clever to get it started so you could give it to your friend's mom! Very thoughtful!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Very cute frog blocks and a quilt that is going to have special meaning.

Denise :) said...

How darling, darling this is!!! Just adorable! :)

Quilt n Queen said...

Luv, luv the frogs.....it will be a treasured gift for your BFF's Mom....hoping each day she is feeling closer to a full recovery. I just might have to make that frog quilt...I've added it to my 'quilts I want to make before I....' list....it is a pretty long list I must say....!! Hope you are having a productive Saturday....going to Cori's soon.

Rachel said...

The frogs are beautiful! I had to laugh at your DH, totally sounds like a conversation we would have here...LOL

Allie said...

Cute quilt - how lovely of her to do that for you! LOL at your dh...

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Oh how fun! The frogs are adorable and will make such a sweet quilt. Have a happy day!

rubyslipperz1052 said...

O!! Frog-tabulous! =P

hugZ,
annie

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

You are SO sweet Pam.
p.s. got the fabric :>) thx!!!

MB in MI said...

SO cute Pam--this will be a darling quilt!

Elisa (AKA scrapcat) said...

Love these blocks! When you're done with the pattern, you should have a giveaway! (so I can enter 5 dozen times!)

Lucy said...

I saw this quilt made up at the Queen Bee Quilt Shoppe in Grand Rapids. I love it!!!

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~