Saturday, February 11, 2012

A New Quilt Shop and Some Good Friends

There is a new quilt shop in my area. 
A local shop went out of business and was bought by a local LAQ.
Some friends called me yesterday and wanted to go to the shop and they wanted me to go with them.  So I went out to breakfast with my daughter and then went to the quilt shop with my friends. 
It's called Quality Quilting.
This is what you see when you drive up.

Quality Quilting

Then we went inside and boy was it packed. This was the main part of the shop.

Quality Quilting

I found a few things that needed to come home with me (of course). Wanna see?

I thought this would make a really cute back for a chenille blanket.

Such cute fabric

There was a panel that went with that and it is about a yard too so I bought it.
Thought it would make a really darling baby quilt.
Very different animals.

love the alphabet

Awesome alphabet fabric

I also fell in love with these crazy looking birds.
I'm a sucker for cute and seem to always have a ton of baby quilts to make!

Birdie Panel

They kind of remind me of the stuff Carol does.
I also got this cute package of buttons.

New Buttons

I was looking for the last Aunt Edna fabric I was missing and so asked if we could go to the JAF in Ann Arbor and so we stopped there too.
Lo and behold, I found the elusive fabric I was looking for.

Aunt Edyna

All in all it was a great day.
I had a fun time and I'm so happy they asked me to go.
I just realized how close I am to my 1000th post.
I think 2 more posts and I will have written 1000 posts. 
I guess I have a lot to say. 
I am going to have to come up with something to giveaway to celebrate
. Hmmm I'll have to think on it and let you know.
I sure do appreciate all my readers and followers too.
Thanks guys!
~XOP~




10 comments:

Denise :) said...

What a fun, fun day ... with lots of lovely finds, too! The buttons look promising -- any particular plans for those?! :)

Brenda said...

Looks like the shop we visited last year before this past when we went to the Dickens festival, probably during the previous owner. It was a great shop then.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Good to see a local shop stay - even if with a new owner. I have that bird panel! Oh should find that and get something ready for spring.

Impera Magna said...

A new quilt shop? How exciting! Any day that has fabric and girl friends involved is a GOOD day!

Jan Maree said...

Wow - that shop was busy - love your finds and you are right the birds are a lot like Carol does! happy stitching!

rubyslipperz1052 said...

I'm so glad that you were able to get out and have some Fabric Fun!

I'm IN LUV with that bright colored birdie panel! What company makes it? I need to find some =P

hugZ,
annie
anniesrubyslipperz.com

Faith said...

What a great find and great shop! I love the fabric you bought x

Deb said...

I love the bird fabric too! It's so cute.

hueisei said...

The bird panel so cute. I wish my area will have a quilt shop too...

Cheryl said...

I like those birdies too! Would you tell us the name of the fabric line, please. :)

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~