Thursday, July 19, 2012

Stuff and Things

That's what I have to write about today, Stuff and Things. 
 First up, I have a favor to ask you all. 
 I am making a rug using fabric strips. 
 Knitting one right up. 
 Only problem is, I am completely out of strips. 
 So if you have selvages, or strips from squaring up your fabric could I ask you to save them and 
send them to me when you get a bunch? 
 I like 1/4-1/2" ish strips, the longer the better!!! 
Tying them is kind of a pain!  
Also, the more color the better.  
If you need my address email me and I will give it to you. 
 I know I could cut up regular fabric but if it is stuff you were just going to throw out?  
Then throw it out to me!  
Right? 
 I appreciate that so much.

I received another Bee Vintage block in the mail.  
It is so beautiful!  
The photo doesn't even do it justice.  
Thanks Jodie!


I received a few gifts in the mail that I need to say thank you for also.  
Sara, send me this beautiful vintage sheet. 
 Wasn't that the sweetest??  
You're the BEST, Sara!!


Then my friend Mary Ann sent me this adorable package to celebrate my "birthday season", 
nice way of putting it.  
Her wrapping is always so pretty.


 Just look at this cool fabric! 
 Where do you find such goodies, Mary Ann? 
 Thank you for thinking of me during my birthday season!!  
You're just swell!!


My DH bought me a new camera. 
 I can't even begin to tell you how excited this made me!  
I am beyond thrilled.  
It arrived in the mail a few days ago and I have been playing with it. 
I found a really cool setting where you can de-focus the background like in this photo. 
 I think it makes Aiden look so sharp!


Alright, this post has taken me 2 days to write.
 I didn't even turn on my computer last night! 
 Life has been more crazy than usual lately.  
I am completely slammed at work, so much so that I am having difficulty getting it all done.  
It is difficult to keep up the fun side of my life 
while being engaged with work things for 11 hours every day!

I would like to say that I see an end in sight but I don't think there is, only more work.
So please hang in there my friends.  
I hope to have some things to show in the near future!!
Your comments are so encouraging too, thanks for that.

~XOP~


6 comments:

Rachel said...

I will gladly, happily remove the guilt for lack of use and send those things on to you! Do you have a maximum size you want? Need your address :-)

Mama Spark said...

Hi Laura,
I think it was a Moda line called Etchings by 3 Sisters. Not sure if both are from that line but one for sure. Hope that helps!

Pam

Sara said...

Hope things get better at work soon Pam:)

I like the pic of Aiden is really nice and I didn't know you could defocus. What kind of camera is it?

I will see if I have any 1/4"-1/2" inch strips usually I chuck them...gulp;)

dianne said...

Aiden is too round to look sharp - well, maybe the whiskers ... give my favorite kitty a big old hug from me (again)...... i just gave away a bunch of spaghetti from our lqs - if they give out anymore, i will collect it for you (you might ask your lqs to give you their pasta from cutting fat quarters) - most shops just throw them away)

Michele said...

I definitely have some bits of strips that I can send you. Email me your address and they will be in the mail on Monday. If you want to keep collecting, just let us know and I'll keep sending. Much better to have them used for something than just thrown away.

Patty said...

I, too, have strips I can send. Please send me an address so I can gift you. Please post the rug when finished, and Hope you had a very exciting birthday.

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~