Wednesday, June 29, 2016

WIPs With Friends

It seems it is Wednesday again and time to share our WIPs!  
I have been busy, busy, busy, working on Bee blocks and blocks to support 
the people affected by the tragic events in Orlando.

I managed to finish my June bee blocks.  I have never been so late getting these out!

I loved making this block and would consider making these again.  
So much fun!  
The block is a 12" finished one and the directions can be found over here at Sew Mama Sew if you want to make some too!  It is called an Autumn Chain block.  
We were to make one orange and one pink.




They were easy to make and they look really cool!


On top of that a woman in our Bee group asked us if we wanted to contribute some large HST blocks to make this quilt to go to the people in Orlando affected by the shooting. 
 It is called Big Love.  
I sure do love it!  
Wouldn't it be great done in blues and greens too??  


The blocks we made were 9.5" HST blocks and here were mine.


I belong to another group run by the fabulous Diane Bohn of From Blank Pages fame.  
She designed a ginormous heart made up of hearts and set in an interesting way.  
They were paper pieced and she designed them to be a rainbow.  
There were 86 I think.  I signed up to make 3 teal ones.  
You can find the pattern (free) here, if you want to make one too.


These were my three hearts


I won the first two fabrics in a giveaway that Pile O Fabric had so put them to good use.


I had this one in my stash.  Aren't those cats adorable.


So these are the things I have been working on.  I have a couple of finishes to share soon.

I also am going to be working on an epic Hallowedding quilt in the very near future.  
If you have not see the epic Halloween quilt over at Flying Parrots blog, go check it out.  
She is running it as a QAL.  
Most of the patterns are free, some you have to buy if you want to duplicate her quilt.  I
 will be adding to mine to make it larger and I am using some different fabrics, so stay tuned!

Now it is time for you to click the Inlinkz button and add your WIPs!

~XOP~







3 comments:

dianne said...

your pink and orange blocks are perfect - I feel a surge of happy when I see those two colors together!!!

and the more you mention the Epic Hallowedding quilt, the more I want to see it ... it's gonna be EPIC!!!

KaHolly said...

Oh, I love them all!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Cool blocks for the bee. Also your other blocks are gorgeous too.

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~