Wednesday, March 22, 2017

WIPs With Friends

Is it Wednesday already??  
I have some new fishies to share with you.  
I am continuing the school of fish.  
They are fairly labor intensive and I am struggling with the lack of actual directions. 
(as you will see on fish number 3)  
I am working off a beta version that I got from Sarah when she was making this pattern.

I am using the Folksy Fish pattern by No Hats Quilts

So far I have three completed fish.  I finished fish number 3 last night and started on fishy number 4.  

Fish Number 1 (He has the best eye)


Fish Number 2 (I think he is a Beta fish)


Fish Number 3 (I am loving his body fabric!)


I decided to keep going and this next fish is a lot more complex then these first three.  
It is my nod to MSU (school that the mama went to) in that it is green and white.  
I spent about 2 hours on the top half of the fish last night.  
There were 33 pieces in the top section of the fish.  

The mama of the baby's mama asked me what I meant by paper piecing so I took a few shots to show what I meant and will share those here.

This is what the paper side looks like with the fabric all sewn on to it from the "back" 
(or the side I actually sew on).  
It is kind of a mess, but you can see how I sew on the lines.


Flip it over and you can see what it looks like on the front.  
This particular pattern did not include the 1/4" seam allowance so when I piece I need to remember that my outer edge needs to include that.


Here it is from the front once it is trimmed (don't worry the odd bits will be caught in the seam)


This is the whole pattern for the fish without the background.  
You can see I have a wee bit more to do!


I thought this captured the whole thing nicely too.


I am going to link up to Let's Bee Social too.

So that takes care of what I am working on.  
What are you doing?  
If you are on IG please use the #WIPswithfriends

Please use the Inlinkz button to link up and let us all know what you are working on!

~XOP~



8 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

Your fish and my quilt were side by side on Lorna's link up and were the same color scheme so I had to come check him out!! I do see labor intensive time here, but they are so fun to look at!!

Kitty | Night Quilter said...

These are GORGEOUS! I love this pattern--so clever. And your fabric choices are stellar. Beautiful work!

Jan @Cocoa Quilts said...

MamaSpark these are gorgeous. I'm not sure that I am glad to see those detailed paper piecing pictures. I have paper piecing on my things to learn this year. You just scared me. But just like quilting, I will go slow and maybe some day get to PP with that many piecing sometime before the end. Can hardly wait to see the next block.

Jayne said...

Those fish...I love them! That last one looks like a confusing mess...be we all know the magic happens on the front! Beautiful!

Puppilalla said...

I love the folksy fish, they are alwaysso much fun to look at.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Wonderful fish!

dianne said...

holy sardines!!! they just get more and more intense!!! VERY impressive!!!

KaHolly said...

Oh, my! Labor intensive, indeed!

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~