Wednesday, July 11, 2018

WIPs With Friends

I have been pretty busy getting ready for my quilt retreat this weekend.  
I was finishing up a few things and mostly cleaning my house and packing. 
 I made some design boards to bring along. 
I found the tutorial from Lori Holt.  


She uses foam core board and hot glues batting to the board.  
Then she glues binding around the outside.  
Looked easy enough.  
Welllll, it was a little bit trickier than I thought to make them. 
 I am fairly happy with how they came out though.  

These are the ones I made.


This one was the first one I made.  


And this one was the last.  
The join got better with each one as did the equal amounts 
of fabric binding on both sides of the board.  


I bought this doll quilt on IG from a friend.  
She had it all put together and even pin basted. 
 I quilted it this weekend and put this binding on it.  
I need to hand stitch the binding down yet.


This was the back of the quilt.  
I know exactly who I am going to send this to.  
Probably at Christmas time with a stuffed cat (since her "mean" mommy won't let her have a cat). 
 I just love the Tiger Lily line of fabric.  One of my all time favorites!


I may take this to the retreat to finish it.  Thanks, Lee, it is purfect!!

What are you working on?

Link up and share with us!

~XOP~


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~