Tuesday, March 03, 2020

Science Quilt Progress

Just a quick note, many of you know my family history but if not, briefly, my older sister was born developmentally delayed with cataracts on both eyes.  
They removed the cataracts but did not implant a lens (it was before they did that, I guess).  
She developed Schizophrenia and Bi-Polar at age 13.  
She currently lives in an AFC home with really good people.  
That being said, she fell (again) this weekend and broke her collar bone.  
She also has a pretty bad concussion.  
I was so anxious (I am her guardian, and live ~3 hours away) about her 
that I just cleaned most of the weekend.  
There was nothing I could really do for her and she doesn't even know who I am. 
So I prayed and cleaned and sewed.  
If you can, maybe say a little prayer for a speedy recovery for her.

OK, on to sewing.  
I am working on the glassware portion of the Mad Science Quilt.  
I already did one side and am working on the second side.  
These will join together to make the top of the quilt.  
This is what it will look like when finished 
(this is the paper pattern)



This is the mess I make when I paper piece!  LOL, my sewing room is a disaster right now too.


I managed to get the curly-Q part done on Saturday.  It actually took me a long time to do this part.


Cole hung out with me most of the time while I was sewing too.


This is what I got finished on Sunday.  
I love paper piecing but it takes me a LONG time to make progress!


I hope to be able to work on this a little bit more this week at night.
Often I am so tired after making dinner and cleaning up I just veg for a bit, 
maybe read some and go to bed!

Do you guys sew after dinner?
I also feel like I should spend some time with hubby since I have been at work all day.

I just got a quilt back from my quilter that needs binding put on too.
Sheesh!  That's now 2 needing binding!

~XOP~




5 comments:

Bettina Groh said...

prayer said... hope her recovery is speedy !!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Sometimes a good mess is just what you need. Prayers for you and your sister

Kim Richards said...

did you design this quilt on your EQ8?

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Prayers for your sister and healing, and prayers for you for all that you do. You are amazing working, caring for your husband and home, your sisters, and children. I can relate to the paper piecing sewing room disaster. My dining room looks like that and I am finally getting to back in order and moving to a different sewing room.

Lesley Gilbert said...

Your science blocks are coming along nicely. did my 1st PP yesterday, making letters for FREDDIE, which I finished at 2am today, as I wanted to get them finished. It took me longer than expected, but being the first time I had to master the technique whilst using my un-picker haha. Also I made 2 R's as one turned out backwards, something I didn't notice until the last piece was sew. What technique do you use for alphabet blocks, if any?
Hope you and your sister are both getting looked after with lots of love and care :)

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~