Wednesday, February 26, 2020

My Poor Neglected Blog

Hi friends!  I am so sorry that I have not posted in awhile. 
 Sometimes life just gets busy.  
I have not been in the mood to sew of late so there has not been much to show. 
 I know I talk about my life too but nothing very exciting has been happening there either, LOL.

I needed to make a pillow cover for my friend, Traci's, quilt shop (Something Quilty). 
 I made the Tribute Star quilt for her as a shop sample and this was made from the leftovers. 
I finally got my butt in gear and did it this past weekend. 
 I used a tutorial by my friend, Pam Gavin to put a zipper with a cover, in the back.  I
 love how the cover came out!  
This is the front.  


This is the back and you can see the zipper cover.


LOOK, you can see the zipper I put in.  
It was a magical day when Pam had us use our #20 foot to put in the zipper too.  
SO. MUCH. EASIER!  
My friend, Liz, quilted the front to match the quilt.  
I machine sewed the binding down too so I could finish it more quickly.  
I'm hoping Traci likes both the quilt and the pillow cover!


I was also working on my DNA for the science quilt and Cole felt he needed to help me.


I managed to get the entire block made.  
I have a few more blocks to go, but progress is being made!  
Isn't this block SO cool???
I found that background fabric recently and I think it looks like DNA too.


 Pattern is by Mary (Quilt Genius) if you need to make your own DNA block.

I need to make more blocks for this science quilt so trying to get in the mood to work on them.
Should I do the glassware or the bunnies next? 
 What do you think?  
The glassware is a pattern by Mary while I am using the 
Love, Hoppingotn pattern by Violet Craft for my bunnies.

Have a wonderful day!

~XOP~



3 comments:

Lesley Gilbert said...

I always read your posts but not always leave a comment - maybe I should do it more often as well :)

Patti said...

Can you send a link to the one that showed you the zipper from the back of the pillow? I always have trouble with that.

Mama Spark said...

Hey Patti, you are a no-reply blogger and have not left me your email address so I have no way to get information to you. I need to ask my friend if it is alright to share but I suspect she will say it is ok. If you can get me your email address that would be great!

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~