Friday, June 12, 2020

Morning Surprise

This morning I got up at 5am like I usually do.  
I had just put on my underware when I heard a VERY frantic meowing coming from outside. 
 It *sounded* like Finny.  
How could that be though?  
Both cats were in when I went to bed.  
Hubby heard it too and bolted awake, "That's Finny and he's outside!" 
 We both ran downstairs.  
I got to the back door first and ran outside (in my undies) to frantically call for the cats.  
I have been training them to come to my whistle and it paid off. 
 Finn came around the back of the house crying the whole time.  
BUT no Cole.  
I was thinking I should go inside and put on clothes 
just in case I had to go out and beat the bushes for them.  
By the time I got back downstairs (and believe me it was less than 1 minute) 
Cole was looking in the door and climbing the door to get back inside!

I can't even begin to tell you how relieved I was! 
 THEN, I turned to my husband and asked how he didn't realize that the cats had gotten outside!!!???  He thought he heard the front door open 
(which it occasionally does if not shut tightly when it is windy) 
but when he went to look the door appeared to be closed.  
I would have called for the boys but he never thought to do that!

I am so very thankful that Finn stayed close to home and 
that Cole is now responding to my whistle to return home!  
I take Cole outside most nights, in his harness, and let him walk around with me right there.  I
 walk a ways away and then whistle for him to come to me.  
He usually does and I praise him and pet him.  
I have been hoping this would then cause him to come to me, if and when he got out without me and it appears to have worked.  
I fed them both treats and some wet food and praised them for coming home. 

What a SCARE!!!







Enjoy your weekend!

~XOP~



5 comments:

scrappy; said...

Wow - what a scare. Good thing you have been training them to come to your whistle. Phew!

Lesley Gilbert said...

Good to know they are both safe and well - you must have looked a treat going outside in your under*WARE* ? haha - cotton or silk I hope, nothing metallic to frighten the neighbours :) (hope you get my english humour) :)

Ioleen said...

Great story with the best ending ever.

Jeanne said...

what we do for our fur babies ...gotta love them as they keep us sane!

Angie said...

I'm so glad they both came back. It's an adventure outside, and I know cats love to explore. I'm glad they returned quickly. Enjoy your day.🐱🐱🌻🦋🌞

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~