Friday, August 28, 2009

Creepy, Crawly Spiders

I went over to my friend, Pauline's to help her work on the spiders for the Spooktacular swap. Sharon was a little behind so Pauline offered to help her out. I knew how much work it would be so I offered to help her help Sharon. It took us a little over 4 and a half hours but all the spider blocks are fused. Yep, not stitched around, just fused. That's how they will go to their new homes. We did not have enough time to stitch them down. I had designed these spiders but Pauline and I both traced, and cut and fused until they were all finished. They look pretty awesome as a group don't you think?

Nest of Spiders
Since we took all this time to do them we decided we would just keep the 2 we wanted out. Pauline chose the green one and I chose the aqua one (shocker,yes, I know).

Green spiderAqua Spider

The 3 spiders are adorable too so I may just have to make tow more of these for myself, and Pauline too of course. I thought the purple one was cute too and the only purple one of that type. It was difficult to decide which one to keep.

Three SpidersPurple Spider
I hope the ladies in the swap love them too. If any of the swappers want to trade a spider for something, let me know. The background may be different, but it will be some kind of a web.

I know that it is fun to be a part of a swap. I really like doing it, but it is a big time commitment too. As much as we all like to be a part, please consider the amount of time it takes to produce a quality product for others before you sign up for a swap. You would not want to send something you would not want to receive. This means you need to follow the rules of the swap as far as design and size of the blocks or whatever the rules for your swap are. This makes for a positive experience for everyone.

15 comments:

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

be still my heart!!! They are darling, just darling!! the girls will love them, need some 1930's fabric for a spider!!

allsewnup said...

These are spooktacular indeed! Why should the kiddies have all the fun?!

Carolyn*

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Creepy, but delightful. The background web fabric is just perfect, too! Fusible WEB you say? ;) Too cute!!

West Michigan Quilter said...

These spiders are so cute! These women are so creative! Aren't we lucky?

Crispy said...

Ewww spiders!! Gross!! Ok, I admit these guys are rather cute, my fav is the purple one.

Crispy

Mrs Quilty said...

Well, I have never been particularly fond of spiders but these are adorable! So cute with the web background fabric! Somebody will enjoy receiving that!

Gina said...

They are adorable.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

lindas said...

What COOL spiders! :) I hope I get one (have not looked to see who is in my group:)!

:) Linda

Micki said...

The spiders are delighfully scary!
Micki

Tanya said...

Your spiders are so cute! I love the faces on them! And what fantastic black fabric you found for them to sit on!

Allie said...

Pam, you need to be designing quilts. period. These are GREAT!

Searchfamilies said...

How lovely looks like anyone who can do these deserves a medal
Hugs Janice

Dandelion Quilts said...

ADORABLE!

Terry said...

OMG...those spiders are soooo cute! :0)

Holly said...

Wow, those spiders are fantastic! What a lot of work. You are so talented.

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~