Saturday, August 22, 2009

Just Remember, It's NOT what you think!

Picture this, DH and I are going to bed late (not what you think) . because DD has a friend over and we spend time with them. We finally drag ourselves upstairs to bed around 12:30. We turn out the lights and try to go to sleep. I am almost asleep and DH LEAPS up out of bed and turns on the lights and tells me get under the covers! I get under the covers but not my head and he yells all the way under the covers!! OK, I say. He shuts the door and goes out of the room. What the heck? A few seconds later he comes back into the room carrying a lacrosse stick. Is there an intruder in the house? Well, yes, but not what you think. It was a BAT!! We keep out bedroom window open so the cats can come and go at night. (I know they are spoiled) We keep the screen out of that window and there is roof below the window so they have learned to climb on the roof and meow at the window until DH opens the window and then they come in. So he gets more sleep if he leaves it open. Anyway, I digress. So picture this, he is only in his undies chasing a bat around the bedroom with a lacrosse stick. Well the net on the stick had a hole in it so everytime he had the bat it climbed out! Finally he pinned it on the bed and it was crying and he finally was able to guide it out the window back to wherever it had come from. Well, that is the most excitement we have had ther in a long time!!! And I can say we have never had a bat in the house before last night.

Funny, but DD2 has had 3 bats in her room at college (she is living in a house) in the last 2 weeks. What is it with our family and bats?? And where were all the cats while we were trying to get the bat outside?

Tomorrow I will get up early and go to my friend Robin's house to work on the Big Ten quilt. I have been working all day on the owls and am almost finished. Just have the purple on Grumpy's eyes to finish and then trim them to size. I then decided I needed to do all the quarter square triangles for the BT quilt and am almost finished with those too. I finished my book on my iPod so need to see if I can get the next book in that series. Well, back to work, I just took a dinner break. DH smoked a chicken and I made a really tasty orzo salad to go with it.

15 comments:

BarbR said...

Giggle, giggle, what a picture! I wonder how other people deal with bats in their belfry? You made my day with that story. Thanks. =!=

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

I am sorry, I cannot think of your quilty things right now, because your story reminds me of a TV show, quick dive under the covers, and your hubby trying to catch it with a hole in the net, too funny, thanks for the laugh!!!

Allie said...

I KNEW you had bats in your belfry, I just knew it....*snort* Egads I would've died on the spot. You know rabies are making a comeback around here, don't you? YIKES!!!! Your hubby deserves hubby-of-the-year award.

CJ said...

LOL!! That is too funny! We had a bat in our last house and had quite the comedy trying to get it out (more than ONCE!)
Have fun quilting!!

allsewnup said...

this is so hilarious...thank you for the chuckles

Carolyn*

dianne said...

ha ha ha! i don't think i'll be able to sleep tonight with the mental image of your bedroom activities (chortle) on instant replay inside my head!

to the Bat Cave, Robin!

Crispy said...

ROFL what a great way for me to head to bed....I'll be checking the screens. How brave oh your hubby to protect you...Your Hero!!

Crispy

Shari said...

This is just too funny! Oh for a video camera at these times... sounds like you should have done bats instead of owls... LOL. Now that's really getting in to the spirit!

Searchfamilies said...

Now would i be thinking anything but good thoughts i think not lol
It was funny that a problem i don't have first don't have bats anywhere near here plus can't leave bedroom window open as i am in a bungalow.
I hope you get on well at your friend's house with the Big Tent Quilt
Hug Janice

Mrs Quilty said...

After all that bat mania, I don't think I could have gone back to sleep! ICK ICK ICK! They are awful! Close that window!

Mary-Kay C said...

What did your DD's friend think of it or was the friend gone home already? If they were still there they probably thought you guys were nuts or had bats in your belfry. It must have been pretty funny. Did you get any sleep after that and did you have any scary dreams? Vampires and such?

Terri said...

Oh!! My sides are hurtin'.....what an eventful night...can't help wondering what the girls thought of all the "action" in your room ;P

Faith said...

Lol what an eventful night, made me laugh, we get bats round here but touchwood non has ever come in the house yet!! Scratch and Alice would go nuts if a bat came in the bedroom.... I can just imagine what your DD's freind must be thinking.. hee hee.

Elaine Adair said...

Good story - I can almost imagine, DH, jumping about with the lacross stick! I tell ya, we older folks lead exciting lives. ROTFL

Anonymous said...

you should have a camera ready by your side at ALL times! *lol*

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~