Saturday, August 08, 2009

Meet Happy

I had Quilt-Till-You-Wilt today at the church so I brought, what else? The owls. I managed to get all 4 happy owls cut out and I actually got 2 fused to the background. Unfortunately the color of the background didn't show up very well, it is kind of washed out but it is a spooktacular green!
Happy v2Happy v1

There are 2 versions of Happy. I will be making 4 of him 2 each way. Which way do you like best??

I got all the stitching done around the centers of the Big Ten blocks except for Northwestern as LTW needs to embroider the cat and then I will put the "N" around it and do the stitching that way. The most difficult is always the Nittany Lion of Penn State. I really hate going around that one, but they are done! YEAH!!

At 7:47 tomorrow morning my sweet baby girl (DD2) turns 21!! I always thought it fitting that she was born at that time with her daddy being a pilot and all.

Hopefully I will be able to get all the rest of the owls fused tomorrow before we go to take said DD out for dinner to celebrate her big day!

16 comments:

Betsy said...

I love, love your owl blocks!

Terrie Sandelin said...

I'm with Fiesta -- I love those owl blocks, too. My son collects owls and this might just spark for him, too!

Allie said...

Love those owl blocks, both of them equally! No way to pick a favorite. How funny about the time of your dd's birth - that's a great story!

Mary-Kay said...

I like the first one better. There is more definition with the colour. I thought you were a little OCD mentioning the time your daughter was born but as I read more I got it. Now that's something to remember.

Michelle said...

He's absolutely adorable! I like them both.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

I love all your owls, I could never choose, enjoy your DD's birhtday dinner!

Shirley--Knot-y Embroidery Lady said...

How cute! AND well done!!!

Happy birth day to you mom.

dotti white said...

Your owls are very sweet! Good job getting them done!

Gina said...

I love the owls.

Wish DD2 a happy birthday from me

love and hugs Gina xxx

Searchfamilies said...

What great blocks i like them both but looking at them on screen the one on the right shows up better so i would go for that one out of the two
Please wish you DD a very Happy 21st Birthday
Hugs Janice

Abby and Stephanie said...

I had to look twice. I didn't realize they were different so I really like both owls.

Crispy said...

I like the first one best...better contrast.

Happy Birthday to your DD2!!

Crispy

dianne said...

let's see ... you have Happy and Grumpy and Sleepy - are you gonna do the other four dwarfs, too? ha ha ha! i'd LOVE to see your version of Dopey!

Mrs Quilty said...

The owls are adorable and will make an adorable quilt!!!! Lovely work!

Tammy in Ontario, Canada said...

Your owls are so cute. I do like the colours of the one on the left slightly better (both are adorable) since you asked.

Sherrill said...

Are these owls your design or did you get a pattern from somewhere? They are ALL adorable!!

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~