Monday, August 03, 2009

More Fabric to share

You all saw my creepy bunnies? Well they have some company in these creepy deer. How can you not love these guys?

Creepy Deer
Since I am showing some of the fabric I purchased lately and lest you think it is all creepy (to prepare for the Spooktacular Swap) I got my back ordered Christmas fabrics from the Sherri Barry collection. I love the retro colors!
Sherri Berry Christmas
When we went to the Sylvania quilt show there was a vendor that had this fabric and I thought it was so appropriate for my husband and daughter that hunt (he also fishes) The target "tatoo" on the deer was funny.
DSCF4707DSCF4706
My friend, Judith brought a top to work that she had finished over the weekend. Using QuiltSmart she made this beautiful lone star using Kaffe Fassett fabric. I just thought I would share it with all of you too. She did a fabulous job. I would never have put those colors together but I love how it turned out. You can see the fabrics better in the close up. LTW just walked over to pick it up and take it to her house to do the quilting for her also. What service, I tell ya!
Judith's Kaffe Fasset topJudith's Kaffe Fasset close up
I'm still working on Big Ten blocks. I got all the school symbols fused to the color, and cut out now I need to fuse them to the background and do the stitching around them. *Then* I can work on my owls! What are you all working on this week??

11 comments:

Lexilooo said...

I love those Christmas fabrics- so much fun!

Gina said...

Love the spooky deer and the ones with the target on their rear's.

I'll be working on a swap quilt and a table runner this week, hopefully

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Mrs Quilty said...

I just joined in as a follower. Enjoy your blog. The fabric is darling, the deer, the Christmas collection! Very nice! I am working on bags this week, a couple of simple patterns.

Jocelyn said...

oooo love the fabrics. Where did you find the Sherri Berry Christmas fabric. I need to get more, and my LQS does not carry it.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

very cool fabric!

you're good on the Wisconsin Badger fabric? although I am leaving tonight and wouldn't be able to get to the store till next week!!!

what am I doing this week?! vacation :)

Allie said...

Well I don't like the creepy deer - but I love the rest! I thought of you at Sew Elegant Saturday, they had some really nice Halloween stuff.

MichelleB said...

LOVE the deer. I have some myself ;)

Nancy in IN said...

Deer; so cute. Happy Anniversary. Who is having twins the 5th; saw on Bunny Tales newsletter.
Nancy

Crispy said...

Ya know the person who designed that bunny and deer fabric must be related to Steven King or Dean Koontz LOL.

I'll just be working on my second Aunt Millie's block, pieces are all cut now on to the stitching.

Crispy

Anne said...

Hi Pam,
Can you tell me the maker of the hunting fabric. I need to get some for my son in law.
Thanks, Anne

Joyce said...

I bought some of the deer fabric too. We have it at the quilt shop where I work. What are you going to use it for? I'm making pillowcases.

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~