Monday, August 24, 2009

Shopping with the girls

For those of you who don't know what LTW looks like that's her on the left and my friend Pauline on the right. Yep, we were bad and went back to the fabric warehouse for their annual open house today. Nope, I sure didn't go to work today. Instead I played in fabric! That cart only contained 1 bolt of mine the rest was theirs. I was pretty happy that I was so restrained.
LTW and Pauline
At this open house many designers were there along with people selling their products. We all got a chance to meet Jodi Barrows, the inventor of the amazing square in a square ruler and many books (oh, yes, both a book and ruler came home with both Pauline and me) We also got to talk to Pat Sloan (she is as nice in person as she seems on her blog too, she even had her hubby take a photo of the 2 of us together, good thing I love you all so much or I wouldn't have shown myself. Can you believe I was up at 5:15 am to go and get Pauline by 6:15 ao we would be there at 8am? Me either!), we met Linda Franz from Inklingo too as well as Mckenna Ryan (not sure if I spelled that correctly) All were very nice people.
Pauline and JodiMe and Pat Sloan
This is the cool ruler and book we both bought. You don't know it but you really *need* this ruler! Amazing!!
Square in a square
I had pre-ordered these Laundry Basket patterns and templates as well as the book and the 60 degree ruler. I love rulers!!
Patterns -2Book and ruler 01
Isn't that Carrot Top pattern adorable? Pauline found a lacrosse pattern for me too. SWEET! By far one of my favorite things is the sample cards. We were digging in the boxes and I came home with quite a few (but not as many as Pauline!! LOL)


Patterns 01Fabric cards
Since it was an open house they even fed us a wonderful BBQ lunch. A local place did the catering and it was spectacular! Pulled pork, BBQ chicken, salad, coleslaw, corn bread muffins, mac and cheese and green beans. I would gladly eat there again. YUMO!!

I was so excited to see this quilt all stitched up. I have this pattern and I have to say it is amazing when all finished. LOVE IT!!
Vintage Halloween

I am home now and totally exhausted. I have laundry to do and I still need to finish stitching around the eyes of the last 4 owls (the purple). Then they need to be trimmed and then they can fly to Jane for the swap. I got to see Pauline's crows and they are super duper!

Anyway, off the catch up on my lost weekend! Lots to do before I can go to sleep tonight. I was pretty proud that I kept my spending under control today (although it was difficult) At least I won't have to wrap myself up before bed to make up for the overspending, *wink, wink*, I think you know what I mean! Off to do more laundry. Hope you all had a productive and fun weekend too!

14 comments:

Terri said...

Sounds like a very fun day!! I'm proud of you for not over spending....it's hard!!

Gina said...

What a great day it sounds.
For someone who was restrained you seemed to have bought quite a lot. LOL

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Searchfamilies said...

What a great day, i would have thought i died & gone to heaven if i had a place like that to go to we are so lacking good quilting places where i am plus getting it at good prices we have to pay way over the top i feel well glad you had a good day
Hugs Janice

Crispy said...

What a fun time you had!! I wish we had something like that to go to around here. Congrats on the restraint, I don't think I would have been so well behaved LOL.

Crispy

MichelleB said...

Sounds like a great day - and good for you for being so restrained. That Halloween quilt is just so darned cute! I just don't think that I would ever get it finished, but everytime I see it, I am so tempted!

Mrs Quilty said...

Looks like you had too much fun!! You certainly behaved and with all that temptation right in front of you!! Hard to do!! So glad you had fun!

Cal Dream Squirrel said...

You have more restraint than I would have had... all that fabric behind you! Eek!

Love the patterns.

Micki said...

Sounds like a fun day! You got some really nice things.
Micki

Karen said...

Ohhhhh....a fabric warehouse??? Where is it??? Glad you had a fun day with the girls!

whimzeestitches said...

ooohhh now that is a fun day indeed. I would just so much enjoy a trip like that -- where is this fabric warehouse??

Allie said...

Holy cow - what a great day! Love your treasures! My girlfriend Cathy is also a ruler diva....and I have ONE ruler. ONE.

CJ said...

What store is that you went to? Looks like so much fun and I would not have been so good. :S

Anonymous said...

can I come next time? (and I will be overspending for sure!)

pat sloan said...

Waving to you!! Got home last night!

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~