Thursday, February 23, 2012

Aren't Friends The BEST?

I am overwhelmed by the blogging friends that have all taken time to
send me some blues for my dad's quilt.
 I received more in the mail this week. 
This is a GREAT thing as I need to add some more variety to the mix. 
Also I received a package from Australia from Badskirt Amy
She just happened upon some Mendocino and I scored BIG with her help.
 Thanks Amy!

From Amy

These blues also came along from Amy. 
Hey, so I just noticed the black spots on both of these pics.
 I will have to check and see if that is really on the fabrics when I get home! 
I suppose I can work around! haha

From Amy

These are the other blue packages I have received, one from Brenda
(a fellow Michigan quilter)
Thanks, Brenda!

From Brenda

The other is from Jan Maree.

From Jan

Spectacular!! Thanks Jan Maree.

I did manage to get a quilt bound this week but have not been able to get any photos, hopefully soon! DH came home last night and it was good to have him home. 
 I brought the dog with me to go and pick him up as he was going to be at his work
 so the dog was allowed.
 I think she almost had a heart attack when she saw him, it was hysterical!! 
She may be even more excited to see him than I was! LOL. 
The cats were not impressed.

Have a wonderful day!

~XOP~




7 comments:

My Old Quilting Soul said...

I LOVE the first fish print. Adorable!

ytsmom said...

Glad you are getting lots of blues; the more the merrier! That is one color that is also lacking in my stash. Seems like we all have a tendency to 2 or 3 colors, and have lots of those, not so much of everything else.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

The little fish are so cute! And I agree, blogging friends are the best! Have a happy day!

Brenda said...

You are welcome and so glad to be able to help a little! That is the way of it here. The Bug always wants me to pick her up for a hello after work, but if the hubs is gone she will wait by the door for hours for him and I am afraid if he was gone more than a day she might waste away to nothing. The cat is that same with the hubs though, the man is well loved by all two and four footed.

Karen said...

Awesome stuff! I get annoyed when my dog (yes my dog) gets over the top excited to see my husband...like, who am I? :)

Jan Maree said...

You are welcome - glad I had some that would work for you - happy stitching!

Allie said...

GREAT blues! I'm not surprised the kitties weren't impressed, lol...

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~