Thursday, July 10, 2014

AAMQG Retreat

I am so far behind in my blogging.  
Life has so gotten in the way of this blog.  
Sorry to all of you.  
I have been sewing just no time to talk about it here.  
I seem to be doing a lot of Instagraming. 
 You can find me there at mamaspark59.

The AAMQG had a retreat a few weekends ago that I went to. 
 I left on a Thursday and met up with my friend, Windy, from Grand Rapids.  
It was so great that she got to join our retreat!! 
 We met on Instagram and became friends in real life too.  
I packed WAY more than I thought I would finish, but I was hopeful!  
My daughter's car is still in the shop and she has my car so
 I am religated to driving the Mustang convertible.  
Awe, poor me!  
Except that the top needs to be repaired so I am not allowed to put the top down!  
EVERYONE judges me as I am driving on a beautiful day with the top up and everyone wants to race me leaving stop lights, LOL.

Here is what my trunk looked like.


First up on my long list of projects to finish was my Birdie Stitches quilt top. 
 I had to add the little squares around 3 of the blocks, cut the sashing and the borders.  
Then I got to assemble it. 
 I managed to get this finished on Thursday before I went to bed.  
Now I have to make a back and make some binding and send it to the quilter!


 Next up, on Friday was to sew my Christmas Sampler BOM from the Fat Quarter Shop. 
 I had a LOT of work to do on that top for sure.  
The sashing is pieced and so is the border.  
I worked all day on Friday and all night.  
Not finished but a good way to the goal for sure.  


Saturday I got up and started on it again. 
 This time I was successful in getting the entire top completed!


Now I was on a roll!!  
What to do next?  
As you know I agreed to help my friend make napkins for her daughter's wedding reception, 
so I dug in and started making blocks.


Windy brought some Flatter by Soak and it was fabulous to use for the pressing.  


I got about 35 different blocks done which was a great start to the 50 or so I committed to making.

It was late then so I packed up and went to bed.  
I helped clean up on Sunday and headed home around lunch time. 
 We were leaving on Monday afternoon for North Carolina to watch my daughter defend her thesis, so there was lots to get ready for the road trip!  
I will leave that for another day though.

~XOP~


3 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Wow you got a lot finished at the retreat. I would still be working on the blocks for the Christmas Sampler BOM from start to finish.

margaret said...

looks like you achieved a lot on the sewing retreat

dianne said...

holy shmoly, woman!!! way to geterdun!!!

would you want to finish up the two sets of FQS Christmas blocks that are around here somewhere, since you are so GOOD AT IT?!? i could send them to you with return postage - ha ha ha!!!

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~