Monday, December 21, 2015

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

We worked all weekend to get the tree decorated, the house decorated and cleaned. 
 I have to confess, I abandoned my hubby on Sunday to go and sew though. 
 I promised a very special young lady a pair of Christmas stockings and one was partially finished with the other one just a vision dancing in my head!

Here is the first one I finished.
It is always a challenge to remember how to do that cuff!
The first one is always the slowest.


I was waffling about whether to make the second one the same as the first or different.  
In the end I went with a different one.  
Mainly because I loved that background fabric so much!
It is from Kate Spain's Flurry line.


I stayed up past my bedtime to finish the second one, but I was so close I just didn't want to stop!
I have one more to make in blue and gold, but it will not have a name until next year.  
I am trying to decide whether I want to just make it now while I am in the groove or wait.
  It is always so much easier to do when it is fresh in my mind, 
but I have at least one more Christmas gift I need to make.


Of course there are always more things we want to make but at some point I need/want to stop and just enjoy my family and Christmas. 
 I think this next gift (and one more shower thing, not sewing related) is going to be the end.  

What last minute things are you working on?

~XOP~


6 comments:

Ioleen said...

Beautiful stockings.

Donna said...

Love the stockings! Can you point me toward a pattern?

margaret said...

the children are going to love these stockings and are sure to use them for many years to come. have a wonderful time with the family

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Gorgeous stockings. Love your script you use.

Judy in Michigan said...

Happy New Year Pam! Hope all is well with you - haven't heard from you in awhile. Take care.

Mama Spark said...

Donna, they took the pattern down = ( It was a free one on Maywood Studios.

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~