Wednesday, April 18, 2018

WIPs With Friends

I have been working on the center for my traveling quilt this past week.  
The cat, Jack, is all paper pieced.  
I used a pattern from Make Modern magazine issue 5.  
The cat fabric background is by Jodie Ric Rack of Ella Blue Fabrics and 
no I do not know the exact name.

Here you can see my progress.  
I really did NOT like that light orange dot so I replaced it out and replaced it. 


I am much happier with this version for sure.  Cole thinks it is alright too.


 This is how it turned out when it was all finished. 
 I could not be happier with this!  
You guys probably don't really remember Jack, 
but the tip of his tail was lighter than the rest of him so I made this tail tip lighter too.


Keeping with the geometric theme, I used the mixed blue for the base and 
proposed to use the V and Co geometric prints for the letters. 
 Originally, I thought about paper piecing them but in the end this was faster and
 I could control the letter placement.


I found an alphabet online (free, and no I don't remember the name) 
and enlarged the letters to work in this piece. 
 I used all my favorite Lizzy House prints from her Whisper Pallette 
for the backgrounds of the letters. 


I still need to fuse the letters down and then stitch around them and make sure they are all the same distance from the bottom.  
This was just a rough try to see how it looked. 
 I could not be happier with how it is turning out and can't wait 
to send it to my friends to add more cat stuff!

Linking up with Sew Fresh Quilts.

Now it is your turn to link up the things you are working on.  Let's get some fresh inspiration!!

~XOP~




7 comments:

Lisa J. said...

It's very beautiful. That is a great cat pattern for sure.

Margaret said...

It's lovely, really the most realistic cat I've seen. Your live cat seems to like it too!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Wow - that is a beautiful cat!!!

mtquilter said...

That looks great! I love the blue fabric under the cat. It makes the cat stand out. Great combination! Can't wait to see what the others add to it.

Alison V. said...

This is SO cute!

Diane H said...

'Both' cats are lovely.

cocoya said...

Very pretty. Such a happy quilt with all the great colors.
สูตรบาคาร่า
Gclub

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~