Tuesday, March 29, 2011

What I Have Been Up To Recently

I have managed to finish 2 more blocks.  One is for the second time around in the Jellyroll QAL and the other one is for the Layer Cake QAL.  I didn't particularly car for the block 11 in the LCQAL so I decided to look for a substitute block.  We have a basket and a flower and so this is what I came up with for my block 11.  I'd like to know what you think of it.  I used some Presencia perle cotton size 12 for the embroidery.  It is the first time I have worked with this thread.  I had to use a much larger needle than I usually use for embroidery, and even
LCQAL Block 11
I found the block pattern on the Quilter's Cache website.  If you have not discovered them yet you should go and take a look.  Their patterns are great!

For the Jelly roll QAL block, I loved making this block the first time and loved it just as much the second time.  I am super pleased with how the block came out too.  It was so easy and looks so great!
JRQAL Block 11

 I joined a group on Flickr that swaps designer fabrics.  I needed some Heather Ross fabric for a block I am making for another group I am in and I didn't happen to have any.  So a new friend of mine on Flickr sent me these in the mail.  Wasn't that sweet of her?
HR Fabrics

I really need to work on the two HR blocks so I may not go to quilting tomorrow and go instead to QQ's house since she needs to do the same 2 blocks for the same 2 projects.  Then I could finish laying out the tumbler quilt (and maybe take some photos of that too).  I would like to work on my Dreamy Stars and finish that top too, if not this week, then maybe this weekend.  We only have 1 more block to go in the LCQAL and then I can begin putting those 2 quilts together.  I need one of them by the end of May!  Sooo much to do.

I hope you enjoyed the post about making buttons for your blog that I posted yesterday.  I was able to do the whole thing using Flickr instead of Photobucket too just in case some of you would rather use your Flickr account.  I know that's what I will be using in the future.

I still have 3 things available for purchase from 2 days ago.  The patterns, the brown fabrics and the fabric and pattern, and bag sides for May, all in Thimbleberries fabric.  If you are interested let me know.   Well, back to work.  Have a great Tuesday and we'll talk soon.  Leave me a comment and let me know what you are up to too.  ~XOP~

10 comments:

Allie said...

Pam I love the butterfly!!! Good job!

StitchinByTheLake said...

I like the butterfly! I don't usually work with size 8 thread but I do work with 12 and have liked it. I use a chenille needle 24 I think...and I have to use a needle threader to thread it for sure! blessings, marlene

Brenda said...

Love your blocks! You always use such cheery fabrics. I am going to get myself down to the workroom to whip up a set of pillowcases for oldest daughters new room at her new digs. I mostly have been trying to get one more afghan finished for my oldest grand daughters birthday that is in April but I did finish a tote for my mom in loves birthday and hope to get around to posting about it later today.

Charity said...

The butterfly looks great!
I haven't had the time yet to fully play around with making a button. Hope to get to that this weekend.
Probably because I've been side tracked by a dress pattern that I just had to make. And this is my first.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

I like your butterfuly block way better than the block #11 we were given. Your Jelly Roll QAL block is wonderful!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love the butterfly - Marcia does have a wonderful 'cache' of blocks, doesn't she! Hey it's our quilt, we reserve the right to adjust design and blocks.

Lee Ann L. said...

I love the butterfly. FYI: I don't particular care for baskets; so, I came up with a different one in place of it. Yes, I'm doing the Layer Cake Quilt Along too. :-)

Jen said...

Love the butterfly! So darling! I get on Quilter's Cache and get bogged down in all the choices! I can spend hours there picking a block. This was a great choice!

Crispy said...

The butterfly block is wonderful Pam :0) Marcia's site is amazing, I don't know how she has time to quilt with all that she has put together on Quilters Cache. I know that I have used several of her patterns through the years.

What I have been up to....well, I've been slowly cutting out 282 pieces for the doll quilt. I hope to be sewing on it some time this evening :0)

Crispy

Faith said...

wow you have been busy, trying to catch up with the blog world which Ive not been on for a while.
I love all that you have done, seeing your little treasures which you have bought and wow that peacock pattern is fabulous so beautiful.
take care
xxx

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~