Thursday, August 04, 2011

Getting Ready to Go Back to Dad's

OMgoodness!  This week has been a blur.  Work has been very busy and home has been busy too.  DD2 leaves for NC a week from Saturday.  This Friday I have to take off work and drive the 2 hours to see my dad.  We are going to go to the lawyer together.  Doesn't that sound like a lot of fun??  LOL  apparently the trust laws in Michigan have changed and now we need a lawyer to look over his trust and probably update it too.  I feel like I am on the never ending dad-go-round!!  HAHA.

I did go to quilting last night and I did get my tree top mostly done.  I just need to put the final border on it, which I am hoping I can get to tonight.  DH and I are meeting DD2 for happy hour with her work to celebrate her going off to grad school in a week.  It should be fun.  We have not met her work friends or her boss.

I feel like I am struggling to get things done. So sometimes when people ask me why I didn't get  "X" done I get a little testy.  Why?  I think sometimes people forget that I work at a job, away from my home 5 days a week.  I get up at 5am, leave the house at 6 am work from 6:30-3pm.  Get home, between 3:30 and 4 depending on traffic and potential stops for errands.  Two days a week, at least I am at the gym, 1 hour on Monday and 2 on Tuesday and then 2 on Saturday, sometimes more days if I feel like I need to.  Then there is that pesky cooking, cleaning, laundry, kids, pets, family, friends and husband that all need my attention before I even get a chance to *think* about sewing.  Now that it's nice weather, there is additional cleaning, outside yard work, blah, blah, blah.

So the next time someone wonders why I didn't get (fill in the blank here) done, please think before you ask me that question.  I'm working as hard and as much as I can.  I don't sleep more than 5 or 6 hours as it is!  Maybe this will get better when I finally get to retire.  I sure hope so.  I have so much creativity in my head.  For now it will just have to be patient and bide it's time.  It's NOT a competition to see who gets the most done for yourself or someone else.  I sew for FUN and because I need to get the stuff out of my head, (but mostly for fun).

As I was sitting down the other night my cat, Mosen, decided he needed a little kitty lovin' and jumped onto my lap.  I gave him a good pettin' and in return he purred his heart out.  Cats are so relaxing!  He also gave me a liberal sprinkling of his black and white fur all over my clothes, sigh.  Thanks, Mosen!  I grabbed my phone and, looking down at my lap, snapped this photo of him.
He's my cat that says "mama" to get my attention!  In case you missed it you can watch and listen to it here:
On another note, our peacock, Blu, had his surgery on his ankle joint yesterday. He is home, eating and drinking. They removed a hard mass, which they thought came from an infection he had in the joint. There was some major tendon damage so the vet is not sure he will use his leg when he gets better, but really,only time will tell. They are culturing the fluid from the joint and will see what they find!

OK, off to the eye doctor, then happy hour (no alcohol for me so I can finish the quilt tonight!!) then home. I will let you know if I learn something about the MI laws when it comes to trusts.


BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Mosen 'Mamma' kitty is too cute. Glad Blu is on the mend.

Sara said...

Kitty said "Mama" and my 3 yr said that was silly. After the 3 or 4th time listening to the video he said, "That was beautiful,that's a nice cat"!!

hang in there friend---things will get better!! Promise.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

At least getting legal things wrapped up is a good thing. Cat's are great comforts - nothing more soothing than petting a kitty and getting a purr in response - a win/win.

Quilt n Queen said...

Have safe trip to your Dad's house. I'm heading to the gym now, then to Cori's to check of deliveries, pick up DH's perscriptions, to the dry cleaners.... then home to shower and make dinner.....having company from Canada Monday to Thursday.....I got more done when I was working full time....I was more organized retirement....I say I'll do it tomorrow'.....and the end of the week ends up with lots of chores I should have done earlier in the week..... it's like having a full time job preparing for my never ending family and friends that love my B&B....I wouldn't have it any other way!!

Hope Blu is OK and your appointment at the eye Dr's safe!!

Impera_Magna said...

I've been thru that legal/trust stuff... so much "fun" but it needs to get done. Bless you...

Love your quilting kitty who says "Mama" to be petted... very sweet...

Staci said...

That cat is adorable! We have one that sounds like a little lamb saying Baa Baa! Hope things settle down for you, sounds like you needs some peace!

Allie said...

Sweetie, I don't know how you get ANYTHING done - I read about your day and have to take a nap, lol. Don't worry about finishing things, just ENJOY the process!

Stitchin' time said...

As I can't pop down the road with a bottle of wine and a prepared casserole I'll send you a big squishy cyber ({({({(hug)})})}) from the other side of the world as you sound like you need one. Glad you have a cuddly kitty as that always makes me feel better. When the legal stuff is sorted maybe what I term the 'chasing your tail" feeling will leave you and life will be more fun.

Crispy said...

OMGosh Pam, my heart goes out to you. You have every right to tell others to take a chill pill, you have plenty on your plate. I don't know how you get so much done!! Hopefully things will settle down again with your dad and you can have some time for yourself.



Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~