Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Another Chenille Finished

I have been posessed about finishing up several chenille blankets for gifts.  I showed you a sneak peek at one that used Sherbet Pips pups on the back.  It's all finished and should be in the post tomorrow or Friday to go to it's new home.  Some sweet woman I know is having a new baby in November and I hope she likes it!  Here is what it looks like all finished up.

Chenille up closePips chenille back

After I took these pictures this morning I realized I needed to clip a few errant threads on the back. Please excuse those!

Baby gift

I have another one with the lines all sewn and all cut. I squared it up last night and put the binding on. I managed to sew it halfway down by hand. Still need to finish that up, but I have time before the baby shower. Just a few more to go and I can be done with these! It is kind of addicting to see how they are going to turn out. So far some of the ones I wasn't too sure about have ended up being my favorite! I have two Halloween-ish ones (just for fun) and one more that I need to actually buy the flannel for and make for a co-worker who is having a baby in February. The fun never stops around my house, haha. ~XOP~



13 comments:

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Darling chenile blanket!

dianne said...

i peeked ... Abby is so sweet - and your circle of flying geese is INSPIRING!!! now, if i can just figure out how to make it a 6 inch square instead of eight inches - i think my Awesome quilt needs some circling birds (as long as they aren't vultures)...

Sara said...

How adorable Pam!!! You have been handling these with grace:)

Denise :) said...

Wow -- it looks so good!! :)

quiltin cntrygrl said...

Sounds like fun! Are they easy to make? I have never tried chenielle before but have seen quite a bit of it lately and am curious.

Allie said...

Very pretty, Pam!

Anonymous said...

In a previous blog you poasted lovely photos of your daughters "Shelby" new apartment in Madison, IN which is how I found yor blog by shearching google while I was desprately looking for a decent apartment in the area. I did try to contact you for help so that I might possibly get the addrrss or landlords number. You might be suprised to know that I recently found out the ecact address is ‎727 west third street. Isn't that something? Oh! Another thing... I turns out I was able to track down the owners via the Madiosn,IN Zoning Board of Appeals. Now that I have the info I wanted I can just contact the owners, but that's just 2 easy so heres the deal. You will give me the info I asked for or I will personaly make your daughters life very difficult. It's a small town after all.

felix_darling@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Dear Felix_Darling,
This is Shelby, Mama Spark's DD1. Bring it.
Love,
Shelby

Anonymous said...

Apparently posting threats on a quilting blog is the new cool thing to do? Also, if you want anyone to take your little rant seriously you might want to learn how to spell ...and write...and while you're at it you might want to consider getting a life.

Anonymous said...

They can't have a life, too busy finding random quilting blogs to post frothing-at-the-mouth-insane comments on... And spelling? Honestly, they don't have that kind of time. Learning to spell would detract from their hard work googling well known historical sites and calling it "tracking down".

Anonymous said...

Right, and you don't have to know how to spell anymore to google because google corrects your errors! That way you can spend less time looking for apartments and more time harassing quilting moms. Because lets face it, websites designed to help you find an apartment, like apartments.com, rent.com, or apartmentguide.com, take all the fun and excitement out of apartment hunting. I support felix_darling's movement to bring back old fashioned ways to finding out information via e-mailing, heck I'd even suggest sending a letter next time if you really are determined to be inefficient.

Anonymous said...

And let's just ignore the face that dear Felix up there stated he HAS the contact information of the people to get the apartment but has decided that CLEARLY it's a BETTER idea to assault unsuspecting quilting moms for information a phone call could obtain. In his effort to bring back inefficiency, I am sure that Felix also only has a land line phone on which making long distance calls from San Antonio, TX (That's right, Felix, you're not the only one who can google!) to Madison, IN would be expensive.

Anonymous said...

fact* oh god, I hope bad spelling isn't contagious...

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~