Wednesday, May 27, 2015

WIP Wednesday

I have any number of these to talk about but I will choose just the one...for now.

I am in a swap using Lizzy House fabric for the mini quilt. 
 I have my top all finished but need to make the back and then quilt it.  
I originally put in a pair of red geese but opted for all low volume in the end.  

Just to show you how it changed how the quilt looked.  I really liked the second layout much better.



This left me with a pair of geese so I decided to unpick the sewing and 
sew them back together as a pinwheel.  
(Have you figured out where I'm going with this?)  You probably have, smarty pants!



I am going to put it on the back and *try* to get it close to where the pinwheel is on the front.  
My plan is to do concentric circles starting in the pinwheel to make it look like waves of wind.  

Wish me luck!

Linking up to Lee's WIP Wednesday

~XOP~


6 comments:

Lynn F said...

I love the softer look of the second layout. And the dark grey pinwheel was a fabulous decision that adds depth to the quilt. Beautiful!

ChonaHomegrown said...

I love the colors. They drew me in. Also care for the second better. Sweet block.

Alison V. said...

This looks very cute!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

I like the low volume one better too.

Whitney T said...

I can't wait to see the quilting! That sounds like a perfect complement to this top!

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

Lovely little mini. Good luck matching up the pin wheels.

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~