Tuesday, January 08, 2019

I Declare This The Year Of The Babies

It seems like so many folks are having babies this year!  
I can not even handle how many chenille blankets and baby quilts I will be making this year. 
 I have 2 nieces (and one that just had her baby), another 2 friends and one friend having twins! 
 I have decided that chenille blankets will only be made for showers for friends and all family babies.  Quilts are going to be even more selective. 
 That being said, I gifted the Later Gator to the first of the babies.  
We got to meet him on Sunday, such a cutie!  
I have the next quilt top finished but need to embroider the label 
so that will have to wait until the young sir appears.  

Next up I wanted to make some crib sheets.  I had never tried this before but it was SO EASY!

Just in case you want to make one too,
 I plan to do a tutorial in the near future so you can see how I did it so stay tuned.  
Here are mine.  Cole is "guarding" them.







My friend made some for her grandchildren and now that is all her DIL will use!  
I promise these are easy to make and you will LOVE them.
(I don't mean "easy" like the self binding blanket.  I mean they are seriously EASY)

Additionally I made some burp cloths.  
You know how JAF always has remnants and often on sale?  
I keep picking them up and I finally decided it was time to make something.  
Burp cloths it is!  
I also often have left over flannel from the quilt backs. 
 I just cut and cut and cut then sewed and sewed and sewed!  


I thought I would try adding rick rack and really like the look.
Those took a bit longer.
I could get 2 out of each rick rack package.


I wanted to make some to match the sheets with the animals but didn't have enough left. 
 I did have some cut outs from making the sheets so I used those and cut them into 5" squares. 
(I cut all the extra flannel that wasn't large enough to make a burp cloth into either 5" or 6.5" squares)

I thought I might try to put those together and see what happened.


I am so happy with how this pieced one turned out!!!

I had to make it slightly longer to capture the deer.  LOVE it!!

I am feeling pretty productive.
I really need to stop an put away the Christmas decorations this weekend though, haha.

~XOP~






3 comments:

Dolores said...

I love seeing what other people make for babies. We had 4 babies born to the family in 2017 (2 in May and 2 in Oct.) and this year so far, there will be one in June.

Sharlyn said...

So cute! I am looking forward to the crib sheet tute!

Michele said...

I'm sure they will all be well loved and appreciated.

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~