Friday, January 04, 2019

January Happenings

This must be the year of the babies!  For real you guys.  
I can't even believe how many baby related things I am going to be making this year already 
and it's what? January 4? 
 C'mon you guys, haha.

For every new baby that is in our family and close circle of friends, I make a chenille blanket.  Usually I gift this at the baby shower (if it is the first baby) otherwise after the baby is born.

There are 3 babies due close to the same time.  This is for the first one.  
I LOVE that knight fabric and that aqua chenille is to die for!
If you need to make a chenille blanket you can find it on my tutorial page in my header.
I used up all that knight fabric but was shopping after Christmas and picked up some more.


I bought some Dear Stella Winter is Here fabric last year as a strip quilt and while it is cool, 
I felt it needed some other stuff added to it.  
I found this pattern for a "Baby Norbert" on the Fandom in Stitches website so decided to try adding him to the quilt.  
He was only 5" so I had to enlarge him. 
 The pattern is FPP and I love how he turned out! 
 I'm not going to show you the quilt but I do have the top finished.  
Since it will be a gift I can't really show it until it is gifted.


Cole was supposed to be the inspector but was sleeping on the job (again).


Another new thing I tried was making a self binding blanket. 
 I realized now that perhaps I should not have used minky for the first try! 
 Usually you use 2 flannel fabrics.  
I really like how it came out.  
If anyone is interested maybe I will make another one and do a tutorial about how to do it. 
 I was SO confused when I was making mine!!!  
I adore the knights/dragons flannel I found for the blanket and may 
use that on the back of the baby quilt and also to make a crib sheet.  




I have more shares but that will have to wait for now.

I hope you are all getting to work on a few projects too.  

~XOP~


1 comments:

Wendy said...

Hi Mama Spark,
Love your quilt Chenielle style and I am interested in your mitered baby quilt. I need help and I don't see you completed the instructions--Thank you, Wendy Dillon
wendyrdill@gmail.com

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~