Thursday, April 11, 2019

Newest Baby Addition To Our Family

My nephew and his wife had their first baby on March 19.  
His name is John James and we got to visit him on Friday.  
He is perfect and he and his parents are learning how to be a family.  
It was such a nice visit with them and a joy to get to spend time snuggling that precious little one!





I made this little guy a dragon quilt.  
I found a sweet kit with the fabric called "Winter is Here" by Dear Stella.
It was just lines so I thought I needed to add to it a bit.

I added some bunting to the rows.
The black prairie points fabric reminded me of dragon scales!



I also put in a paper pieced dragon.
This is the pattern Baby Norbert and can be found free at Fandom In Stitches.
I enlarged the pattern to make it fit the way I wanted it to.




I am especially happy with the placement of the astericks in his eyes!
I used a bit of the Palm Canyon fabric by Violet Craft for that.


This is what the entire quilt looked like



I used the same flannel on the back that I used for the crib sheets I made.



I hand embroidered a label and my friend Liz did an amazing job on the quilting.
Dragons and dragon riders were the choice for this quilt.


I hope we get to spend some more time with this little one in the near future.
It has been so wonderful watching all our nieces and nephews become parents!

God Bless you JJ and your parents as well.

~XOP~



3 comments:

Linda said...

Congratulations! What a cute little guy! And the parents are quite good looking.
Your quilt is fantastic! I saw it on IG and thought it was amazing, but the photos here show all the detail.

Unknown said...

How fortunate for you to have this new little family close by to cherish. Little John will be able to spend time with his favorite Auntie who made this fantastic quilt for him!!! Good job Pam!!

Susie said...

I just love that quilt it is so unusual and the colours I am sure he will love it when he is a little older, thanks for sharing. I have downloaded the Nessie Pattern and put it in my file of "To Do" as we go on holiday to Loch Ness and Scotland every year. Can't wait to have a go at it. Thanks for sharing that pattern too. Hugs Susie x

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~