Monday, August 12, 2019

Double Slice Quilt

Hi friends!  Sorry this has been a long time coming.  
I have been busy working on the wedding quilt and other wedding related things that I can't show.  

I made a quilt back in July at our retreat using the double slice quilt pattern. 
 I got some photos of it today as I am sending it to the quilter.  
I needed a quick gift for a friend undergoing chemo.  
I think this will be pretty and cheery.  
I used a pink floral minky for the back (it's what I had on hand).  
My amazing friend, Liz, will quilt it up for me tonight so I can bind tomorrow 
and gift it on Wednesday.  
I made the binding using vintage sheet too.  
I had a multi colored stripe on white that I cut on the bias to use for the binding.  

Here are some photos of the quilt.  
This pattern is GREAT for a quick quilt and will now be my go to pattern for something quick.  
It only requires a layer cake to make it!






I plan on putting together some more layer cakes so I can make another one. 
 I have an Opal Owl quilt all cut out to make one of these too.  

I hope to be able to get back to more consistent writing in the near future.

~XOP~


3 comments:

Sharlyn said...

beautiful as always!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is a cute one - it sorta has a vintage feel to it!

beaquilter said...

Really cute! It's odd that when I read in Feedly I don't see your pictures.

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~