Friday, July 31, 2020

Last Day

Today is my last day in the lab.  
It begun with a complete surprise.  
My BFF decorated my bench and desk with "Happy Retirement" stuff.  
Her card made me cry, especially with what was written inside.

This is my desk and the computer I will MISS SO MUCH!






 This is my lab bench. 


"*Most* of us will miss you.  LOL, so true!






The bunny with the hat...priceless!


***this had me crying***




This is what my boss and his wife gave me.  
She is a quilting friend on top of a co-worker.
She made me some beautiful pillow cases!  
They gave me a generous gift and the sentiments written in the card meant so much to me!!



I will be coming back part time, working remotely only a few hours a week.
It's difficult to walk out today after 36 years!
I will miss many things but am so looking forward to my retirement!

~XOP~


8 comments:

scrappy; said...

You lucky duck! Leaving good friends, with the chance to come back part time and to have all that free time. Congratulations!

Bettina Groh said...

hip hip hooray for retirement!! Lots of great goodbye things!! Now buy yourself a computer so you can connect with "us" from home!!

Jan @Cocoa Quilts said...

Congratulations Pam! It will get easier everyday!

Betty C said...

How sweet that was!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Enjoy your retirement!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Enjoy your retirement. You are beginning a new adventure.

Susan said...

Congratulations on such a long and beloved career.

CA Bobbie said...

Knowing the feeling- mixed but mostly happy. I retired after 40 years in the same location. rjc2camatsnldotcom

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~