Wednesday, August 12, 2020

First Post Retirement Projects

 I had a busy day today.   I needed to get my project ready for the embroidery class tomorrow. I got everything cut out and all the threads pulled. The next project that was up was finishing the pillow that did the embroidery on last week. It was a reading pillow and I managed to get it finished!

I chose the green Minky and I had bought the construction flannel previously.
Didn't it turn out so darling?
I embroidered the "R" for baby Roberts.


This is what the back turned out like.
It was such an easy pattern to make I will likely make some more of these!


These 2 goofballs were helping me.
Apparently, quilting time is also bath time!


He is so handsome!  Quite a pain in my room but handsome.


This one is the good boy.  He goes to the "cat quilt" and lays down while I sew.


The next things I needed to do was to catch up on my Block of the Week patterns.


I am so happy with how they turned out too.  
I feel like it's always a crap shoot when I choose fabrics.
This time they worked.

Tomorrow I will be going to my embroidery class and it will likely last the whole day.  

I got my computer from work to use so now I can make blog posts again!


~XOP~



3 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I love those little blocks of the week, yours are precious. The book pillow is wonderful~ I the soft back is perfect! :)

scrappy; said...

Love that you can have cats watching and "keeping order" whjile you sew. My dog eats the fallen pins, so he is banished from the quilt studio! I also really like your fabric choices for the block of the week.

Ioleen said...

Nice start to retirement. Lovely book bag. Embroidery is beautiful.

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~