Thursday, August 20, 2020

Scrap Snap Blocks

I have decided to work on a Scrap Snap quilt.  It's a quilt along hosted by Quilts for the making over on Instagram.  I was going to make a version that has rainbow blocks and low volume blocks but may change my mind and do one of each.  I'm just not sure about that yet.  Here is one set of the LV blocks and one set of the yellow blocks.



I just love making the blocks!  It has been fun going through my scraps! I must confess I had a really difficult time coming up with enough yellow scraps so dipped into my yellow fabrics.  

I got my science quilt back from my quilting friend in California recently.  I decided to bind it in a yellow with white polka dots.

I will show the whole quilt once I get it all bound.  The quilting was amazing!  I am so happy that I have friends that can do such awesome custom work.

I was also working on the quilt for the grand baby.  It's the Big Sky kit and Finny was "helping".

I am slowly making my way through the sewing.  I did sew one block incorrectly and cut it !  YIKES!  THAT was not good as I didn't have a piece big enough to make another block.  I decided to just piece one to make it large enough so I made it work.  Most of the other fabrics that came in this kit would have had enough to re-cut but not the one I actually needed, of course.

I also appliqued the eyes to the wrong background, d'oh!!!  Luckily there was enough to re-do the eyes and the mistake background fabric. (it was just a plain white fabric).  I'm not fond of kits for just this reason.  Unless they include "extra" if you make a mistake you can be in trouble.  Or if you put off making it and need more it is often times no longer easily available.

How do you guys feel about using a kit?  

I spent most of today setting up an government savings account for my older sister (that I am guardian for).  It took so long to do that to to communicate with her financial person.  I tried to take time to read the over 23 pages of  rules but it kept timing out on me so I finally just signed the paper to set up the account.  I was able to tell my sister's financial person some things she didn't know about these accounts though because I read all the information and took screen shots of things I was concerned about.  It's all finally set up and ready to go.  PHEW!  

We went out for a bike ride and went 5 miles!  Once we got home I worked out in the yard for a bit and now am running the sprinkler so my poor plants could get a drink.  We have had so little rain this summer.

I haven't even made it to the sewing room today!  I likely will just work on binding tonight so that quilt can be finished.  Tomorrow we are going to to a cute local town to wander around, for something fun to do.  (There are 2 quilt shops there too).

What are you up to today?

~XOP~


1 comments:

Kathy @ Kwilty Pleasures said...

I have never made a quilt from a kit. Just not for me..being boxed up and all. 😳. I have heard horror stories about kits not having enough fabrics and jumping thru hoops to get the issue resolved. Sound like you are keeping busy! ♥️

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~