Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Socially Distant Baby Showers

 Last weekend we were in NC for our daughter and SIL's baby showers. Their friends were having one on Saturday and we were hosting one for our family and friends. Two of her friends hosted first.  They came over and set up some very cute and delish food.  We set up pop up tents outside with tables and they scheduled when friends could stop by so there were only a few folks there at the same time.  Then after the drive by folks came by the Zoom shower began.  

Here you see the pregnant mama and her 2 friends that hosted the party.


Many gifts were dropped off.


These were the tents and tables we set out.  
My daughter and SIL are on the left and
 the minister that married them and his pregnant wife is on the right


Nick's mom made those adorable hats!


 Then on Sunday we hosted the family shower.

  On Friday I opened all the Amazon boxes and combined the gifts and wrapped them all in brown paper and tied them up with Tulle ribbon.  


My sweet sister in law bought this mobile for the baby and sent all the decorations and the food.




She also sent this tiara for Kelsey to wear during the shower too.
To be replaced with a flower crown later.



Grammy-Mama-to-be-Gigi


Gige, mama and daddy to be, and Papa


I gave her some sheets for the crib, and a chenille blanket for the first shower.
We also bought the mattress and the baby monitor.
We tried to help with a few of the more expensive necessities.


The colors are not true in this photo.  It was navy and green.  I used the Tula true colors for the back.

The big gift I made was the milestone mat.  I'm not sure it was exactly what she wanted size wise.  It turned out a little on the large size.  I used left over blocks from their wedding quilt for the center.  I paper pieced the letters and numbers.  I used a aqua minky for the back.


It was a whirlwind of a weekend. 

~XOP~


4 comments:

Lynda said...

I have three children but only the youngest has given me grands - three of them - all at the same time. I was able to gift them with the cribs car seats and strollers - all very expensive items. I have since upgraded the cribs to youth beds and car seats to boosters - they started 4th grade yesterday. Sadly we are 2500 miles apart and I have not been able to see them since last November and don't know when I will be able to see them again - thank goodness for technology! Congrats on your grand to be!

Lesley Gilbert said...

Lots of lovely photo's to look at - congratulations to everybody :)

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

The milestone mat is awesome. What a great way to see how much the baby grows over time.

Bettina Groh said...

I'm sure you all had a wonderful time!! Loved the mobile and the pictures of the food made me hungry! Loved all the presents! What a lucky baby ( and parents!) ! Congrats to all especially the grands!

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~