Sunday, October 04, 2020

The Great Camper Adventure

 The RV Quilter's group put together the Sew Together Retreats.  As I said before I would go over and look in the window to say "hi".  It was the socially distant thing to do.  One time I took Cole and Debbie took our picture.  LOL, I borrowed Finny's cat sling to take Cole out for a walk.


The group "roadies" do a project and they had one left over so we got to buy it!  
They left it on our picnic table and said if we had questions on how to do it to let them know.  
We figured out the vinyl and they provided the light and the bucket.  
Many people put these out at night to let others know who was there.  
For us it was a way to participate while maintaining a safe distance! 
WIN-WIN


Another cool thing we used on this trip was the propane fire pit we had purchased.  
It worked GREAT!
Loved being able to have a no mess fire!
No need to hassle about buying wood and we can take it with us.


Sadly we left Franklin today and headed to Chapel Hill.
Finny was riding like this for a bit but he would NOT stop crying.
So I put him and Cole into kitty Jail (the cat carrier).
Interestingly they both settled down and then...


We heard a loud POP!
One of the tires on the driver's side of the trailer literally blew up!!!
Of course we didn't have a jack, wouldn't you know it.
So I called AAA and we waited.
and waited
and WAITED, for 2 hours.
The NC State Troopers came and blocked off traffic and then shortly after the AAA guys showed up


In the waiting period, Chris went into the field and picked these for me.
He knew I was pretty stressed about being on I-40 so close to the traffic
and stressed about the cats!


Anyway, the tire got fixed and we were on our way.
We are now at Springhill Park and getting settled in for a long month's stay!
Saw deer in the neighbor's yard tonight.
The folks behind us have a cat.
It was out in a short pen with no top and when I went outside to call "kitty, kitty" it didn't respond.
Not sure if maybe it is deaf and maybe blind?
I'm sure I will find out.

Never a dull moment.
I guess getting new tires for the camper and a jack are now on our short list.
Does anyone out there have any recommendations?

Hoping to sew tomorrow.
I'm so happy I brought some projects to work on.
I think my Scaredy Cat wall hanging will be first up.

~XOP~



1 comments:

Bettina Groh said...

Wow... that tire is something else!! Glad nothing happened other than having to wait. Good thing it didn't happen on the hilly parts of I40!

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~