Saturday, August 27, 2022

Sometimes Panels Are The Perfect Thing

 I found the CUTEST panel for an Advent calendar when I was at Sarah's in Kansas.  
It was a train!
You guys, this panel is ADORABLE and oh so easy to put together.

I first layered the panel with batting and backing.
Then I free motion quilted around the motifs on the panel.
Next was making the "boxes" that the advent gift would go in.
Then I sewed those to the panel.
I trimmed it, and machine bound it.
I made three hanging loops that I stitched under the binding on the back.
The Advent calendar could be hung from the loops or not.


I used this adorable Santa fabric on the back.


Just a few close ups to show the "boxes" and how they are sewn on to the panel.




I love how this turned out.  
The panel is by Makower UK.
Santa fabric was from Joann Fabrics.
Binding was a Bonnie and Camille basics I think.

Super easy but super cute! 
On to the next projects.

~XOP~



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~