I have finished binding my pattern test quilt from Meags and Me.
It's called Trick-or-Treaters
I just love these little Trick-or-Treaters.
I used fabric from the Art Gallery line, Spooky and Sweeter for the upper and lower part.
I used a Grunge for the applique background.
I had to piece the upper and lower part because the pattern was wider than the fabric.
If you look closely you can see where I pattern matched down the skeleton.
It's a bit tricky but worth the effort, I thought.
I finally figured that if I had shrunk the applique section by 20% I could have used the WOF without having to piece the top and bottom sections.
I would suggest that if you are planning to make this you consider doing that too.
Alternatively, you could use a smaller print that wouldn't matter if it matched.
It is such a large area I thought this print would be too cute to pass up using.
In the end, I really love this pattern.
It was a fun one to make.
Next up I am working on finishing up another Meags and Me pattern test called
It's full of Hedgehog goodness so you will NOT want to miss it.
Post a Comment
Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~