Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Stashbusting

My friends Robin and Yuki asked me to go to the quilt shop in Tecumseh, Mi yesterday after work. I was not able to go as my son had a lacrosse game. I really did not NEED any new fabric either. I made a NYR to try to use as much fabric from my stash as possible this year. So far I have done pretty well with that. A fabriholic still lapses occasionally but for the most part, I have bought very little.

I have been using scraps up making fabric postcards and now my friend Yuki showed me how to make a small whirly gig pattern that will be great for scraps and odd pieces of fabric that I just can't bear to part with. I have left overs from quilts that I loved making, but not always enough to make another quit but I can use this pattern for trivets or placemats or table runners. The blocks are quite small 3" X 3" so it is great for scraps. I am always looking for something to make for my husband's family for Christmas (there are 7 of them) and for my friends so this may be the project for me for this Christmas!

Robin gave me the fabric to begin the U of M quilt for the art auction at U of M so I will be trying to get that cut out soon. It will be like the Texas quilt but in U of M colours, obviously! It is another stash buster as I had some left over U of M fabric from the Big Ten quilt last year and the U of M quilt I made for my daughter's, now ex, boyfriend!

I have quilting with the church ladies tonight and hope to work on the U of M quilt there. We will see how it goes. I will keep you posted. Then lax game on Friday and dinner with some friends. Sat is my oldest daughter's college graduation so that will take up the entire day. On sunday I would love to quilt, but if it is nice I really really need to work in the yard. On days that I am not working I would rather quilt than do anyting else so I make deals with myself to do a certain job and then I can sit down and quilt for a certain amount of time. Does anyone else do that?

1 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

On days that I am not working I would rather quilt than do anyting else so I make deals with myself to do a certain job and then I can sit down and quilt for a certain amount of time. Does anyone else do that?

ALL THE TIME!

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~