The Interview Game
I was reading the blog of Amy at thecalicocat and she was participating in something called "The Interview game". Her post also asked that if you wanted to be interviewed to ask. So I did. Since I am relatively new, I don't know how many people will read this, but we will see : )
These are my questions to answer:
1-1. Who inspires you (their quilts, their blog, etc.) & why?
I have MANY sources of inspiration in my life. Of course, God is the ultimate inspiration but if you mean mortals and creatively, I would have to say my quilting friends. They are always working on new things and we discuss new ideas and they push me to try things that are out of my comfort zone. My daughters are a continual source of inspiration not only creatively but as a person. I am very blessed to have such marvelous girls. The things they do in their lives inspire me to reach for new and better things in my own. My son and husband are also a source of inspiration, but in a more quiet way. They challenge me in a different way and I love them for that. I run a quilt group at my church and most of the women are older than me. They inspire me with their creativity and stories. I feel like I could go on forever so I will just stop with this.
2. If you could live anywhere (you &/or your spouse could get an equivalent or better job there) in the United States, where would that location be & why?
I would have to say Delores New Mexico. We had a family trip several years ago and traveled by car through 14 different states. I LOVED Delores! The scenery is just beautiful and there were not a lot of people living there. Mountains, and water and no people=heaven!!
3. Are you a morning person?
I am TOTALLY a morning person. I love being up with the sun and getting my day started. We back up to a woods so there is a lot of activity there especially in the summers. I really feel like a slug if I stay in bed too long!
4. Do you like to drive or be the passneger?
Both, depending on the situation. If I am going to a new place with my friends, I perfer to drive (it's a control freak kind of thang...) If I am going with the fam somewhere and the dh is there, I am absoloutely A-OK letting him drive, but I will take over if he gets tired.
5. What is your fondest school (elementary through college) memory?
I have sooo many, I don't think I can choose. I loved being a Pom-Pon girl in HS. I have a lot of wonderful memories of friday night games and hanging out with my friends. I also have a LOT of great college memories. I went to Michigan State University and I am still a Spartan at heart! I really loved the football games. I think one of the most memorable events was the day we has sooo much snow that classes were cancelled! they had not been cancelled for a VERY LONG time! There was no beer left in any of the party stores. People put kegs of beer on sleds and were pulling them down the main street back to campus. We were able to climb to the top of the ice arena and slide down the roof into the snowbanks! It was amazing.
Here are the rules to keep it going.
If you want to play the Interview Game, here’s what you do:
1. Leave me a comment saying, “Interview me.” (Many of you do not have your e-mails linked to your responses - if you fit that category, leave your e-mail too.)
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions. (I have been thinking long and hard on my questions.)
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions. (Let me know when you do.)
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
I hope someone will read this and ask, it is kind of fun!!
Neat, the snowbank story sounds great!
Post a Comment
Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~